cabinover

Standard Bore
Ride
1999 Triumph Trophy
Evening all. Joined to look around after talking to a local guy with a Rocket today. Have been riding since 16 when Dad let me take his '73Sportster for my test. Since have owned a couple Hondas, a couple of Suzukis, a BMW K100, and my '99 Trophy (in racing green, the fastest color for Trophys). The Rocket has always intrigued me and I can't find the comfort I'm looking for on the Trophy so I'm here to look around. I got the next round barkeep.

Whereabouts are you located in The Green mountain State, cabinover?

Our son is a UVM grad. Burlington is the bomb!

Welcome from Maine, you'll love a Rocket, course you'll have to wait til spring now, but will give you a chance to review the market. They are both comfy and powerful, with great sounds,

Hoopla

Thanks folks. TriumPhil, I'm about an hour South of Burlington, Fair Haven to be exact. You guys went by the town when you came out of NY. Hoopla, there are a couple out there for sale but this won't happen before this Spring. Still want to ride one to see if that's the ticket for comfort.

The GW is comfy but in a couch kind of way. You sit in it and guide the barge. The Trophy is great for speed and torque but the rider position on my elbows, wrists, and neck take it's toll. I've tried spacers under the bars but they didn't do much. I bought a set of handlebar adapters but just haven't had the time to play around with finding which bars would be comfortable. It's not like you can walk into a bike shop and try a bunch of handlebars anymore.

Believe it or not the BMW K100 was flat out the most comfortable to me. For some reason the "sit up and beg like a dog" posture just works. If only the my uncle hadn't happened along with his Triumph America and let me drive that 3 cylinder critter I'd probably still be on it. If I can get that posture with my Trophy I'll be OK but it's probably not going to look very cool. :rolleyes: I can live with that though.

I'll let the better half know when she gets home from the movies that you said it was quite alright. ;) I can tell it's gonna take me getting rid of a few toys around here first. Probably just as well, cannot find the garage floor anymore but for bits and pieces.

IMG_1352.JPG
Welcome from Plymouth Mass.....Rt.100 one of my favorite rides..

Back