Check your radiator hose

imcool

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R 2022
hi All,
I found on my bike that radiator hose was not properly pushed in all the way to the stopper, I asked couple rocket owners online and I found that few of them did not have the radiator hose pushed properly 'in' all the way up to the stopper .
I am not sure if its a big deal as the Radiator clip is tight enough to hold the pipe but it should be put in all the way in up to the stopper, ( correct me if I am wrong)
Check the photos for comparison.

AoGKGbZ.jpg

you can not work on that hose clamp without this EXACT SAME hose clamp tool( good luck otherwise), use this hose clamp tool and then push the hose in with a flat head screwdriver or if you have something better other than screwdriver

2023-05-05-20-02-41-Window.png

Last edited:
So long as hose is past the rib on the fitting and clamp is the right side of rib, no problems if hose is not all the way to the stop.
wont the clamp create stress on plastic pipe, if its at the end of the plastic pipe.

wont the clamp create stress on plastic pipe, if its at the end of the plastic pipe.
In the days when I worked in the auto cooling industry, one of the common issues encountered was corrosion and pitting of alloy fittings. If the clamp was fitted such that it left a space between itself and the fittings flare, coolant could pool and not cycle through the system. This caused pitting to the external surface of the fitting.

Imagine, if the hose clamp was slightly loose and the hose starts to slide off the fitting. It will only slide until the clamped area encountered the flare. This is where the hose clamp should be upon installation.
The radiator fittings are designed to take the pressure placed upon them of a hose clamp.

Back