Check engine light ON

BigRed

.020 Over
After changing my battery the engine fault light is on at the lower left of the speedometer cluster. What all does this light indicate?

I don't know what it means but cycle your ignition on and off about 6 or 7 times and see if it clears the light. If you don't have TB take it to the dealer, he can tell you with the Triumph handheld.

Last time that I was playing around with my bike the same thing happened to me after about 25miles of riding the light went off and all has been well since.:D

Yup, it should go off after riding a bit. It don't know the technical jargen, but you basically pissed off the computer by tampering with the bike. It'll get its knickers out of a twist once it realises you didn't screw anything up.

It could take a few warm up and cool down cycles to clear the CEL. If it doesn't go away then there is an issue. You can use any OBDII code reader and pull and clear the code with the connector under the seat.

When I intalled the Odyssey battery it was on afterward. One trip to work and back took care of it. I was going to check it with the OBDII reader but since it went off I never pulled the code.

i unplugged my speedometer wire today to clean under the chrome cover. and when i hooked it back up and started the bike. the check engine light was on. 50 miles later and 2 start ups it was out.

If you do anything it tells on you. it's like a bi&^$#n betty on a aircraft.

Engine light reset

I just finished pulling and re-installing the throttle bodies and missed a vacuum connection and one of the tb controller plugs. Check engine light stayed on after I corrected those, but a twelve minute tune and two restarts cleared it.

By the way, anybody else installed a new thermostat? Was I insane to pull the throttle bodies to get to it? Just wondering if I overlooked an easier way...couldn't see one at the time.

Back