For Sale Cheap Triumph factory heated grips from US Dealers US$78

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
Triumph Heated Grip Kit (A9638089) FOR Thunderbird Commander and Thunderbird LT AND I RECKON THEY WILL FIT EASILY TOO (NO PROOF BUT LOOK AT BAR SIZE AND SIMILARITY TO R3T).

See similar For Sale - Sold Brand New OEM Heated Grip Kit (A9638123)

US$78 FREE SHIPPING IN USA FROM YOUR LOCAL TRIUMPH DEALER
Triumph Heated Grip Kit (A9638089) FOR Thunderbird Commander and Thunderbird LT

THEY WERE MUCH, MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE BEFORE OVER US$200
Fowlers Parts

2018-Triumph-Thunderbird-LT2-1024x819.jpg

Commander and LT Heated Grips | A9638089 | Triumph Motorcycles

A9638089_Heated-Grip-Kit_White.jpg

HEATED GRIP KIT

• SKU: A9638089
$78.00

The Triumph Heated Grip Kit (A9638089) is internally wired for neat installation and is supplied with rotary temperature switch and all required hardware. The item fits Thunderbird Commander and Thunderbird LT models. Instructions for installation available at www.triumphinstructions.com.

Cheap Triumph factory heated grips from US Dealers US$78
They all do seem to puke, don't they, Ish? :rolleyes:

No idea Steve, never had any Triumph ones fitted, but read some issues with the early R3 ones wires breaking where they join the grip as the grips turned and strained fixed wires or similar. This was a design issue early on and probably fixed in later versions especially as these were released with Thunderbirds 1600/1700.

I read some captains reinforced the wires were they bend and joined the grip with epoxy resin but others said they mounted and had no issues. I have NOTED THAT THE HOT SETTINGS ON MY OXFORD HOT GRIPS I use will loosen the grip glue and make them rotate but the OXFORD design does not appear to be suffering despite it being annoying on very cold rides. Whether this was same issue I am unsure. Maybe a different grip glue type would prevent the issue arising even on old R3 designs.

@ozrider got an early NOS set of factory ones from me years ago and found they plugged straight on but I believe the earliest MAY have a different electrical plug connection up to early 2006 around when they changed oil tank and a few other things. As they are really just a tap into a solid power supply and a relay all models should be wired easily as long as the grips themselves fit.

Back