why are rockets in the u.s. so cheap, does anyone know how much to get them shipped to oz?

If you have a group buy there might be a bloke in New Castle that's willing to import them for you.:cool:

BTW: Lonzol is selling both of his black Rockets at a bargain.:eek:

I'd be doing a fair bit of homework before outlaying any funds for a US plated Rocket. Keep an eye out here in Oz, they come up for sale at near enough to US prices once you factor in shipping, compliance etc. Bikes on Bikesales.com and the like are often priced higher than what a seller will accept if you stick cash under their noses.

If you have a group buy there might be a bloke in New Castle that's willing to import them for you.:cool:

BTW: Lonzol is selling both of his black Rockets at a bargain.:eek:

As good a job as he has done it would feel like u wher riding someone elses toy.
If i was going to buy another i would try to buy one as close to stock as possible and then do my own mods after all thats half the fun

As good a job as he has done it would feel like u wher riding someone elses toy.
If i was going to buy another i would try to buy one as close to stock as possible and then do my own mods after all thats half the fun

Totally right mate. I would first spend $$$ and time and effort undoing/removing the last guy's idiosyncratic bling and toys and replacing them with my own.

**** expensive for a Rocket down under...I'm not all that much in love with the bike to pay that kind of coin. Anything more than 10 grand for a Rocket is too **** much. For around 20K I'd go for a Ducati Panigale (bone stock almost 200 hp!!!)or Diavel...or spring for the mighty V-Max (also ~200 ponies!).

The market is really down on bikes right now. On top of that the Rocket is a white elephant. We, who bought and rode these bikes, are of a few. A dealer near me has had a decked out 06 with 13k miles at $9700 on Craigslist for almost a year now-http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcd/2831533139.html.
I saw another 06, modded (ct etc..) with under 15k miles at $6500 on Craigslist for 6 months. It popped up again a couple months later.
This kills me because I want to sell my 05 with 45k miles (3 k&ns,Jars, etc...) and I fear I'm going to take a beating. I have too many bikes and right now the Rocket gets ridden a couple days a month but still costs me money to insure and register. :(

Mike Tyson will be swinging!

The market is really down on bikes right now. On top of that the Rocket is a white elephant. We, who bought and rode these bikes, are of a few. A dealer near me has had a decked out 06 with 13k miles at $9700 on Craigslist for almost a year now-http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcd/2831533139.html.
I saw another 06, modded (ct etc..) with under 15k miles at $6500 on Craigslist for 6 months. It popped up again a couple months later.
This kills me because I want to sell my 05 with 45k miles (3 k&ns,Jars, etc...) and I fear I'm going to take a beating. I have too many bikes and right now the Rocket gets ridden a couple days a month but still costs me money to insure and register. :(

You ARE going to take a beating friend! The rocket is a niche bike with a slim following at best. The mods will not help and even may hinder its sale. You'd be better off stripping her back to stock and selling the bike and bling sep. I have TWO niche bikes: the extinct VTX with LOTS of bling and upgrades and the big R3. Both dinosaurs. One holding on to relevance by a hair the other dead as the space between Kim Kardashian's ears. Next bike I purchase will have a broader base of appeal...like the indefatigable Max, one from the awesome Duc lineup, or a HD V-Rod Muscle (like them more and more).

Totally right mate. I would first spend $$$ and time and effort undoing/removing the last guy's idiosyncratic bling and toys and replacing them with my own.

**** expensive for a Rocket down under...I'm not all that much in love with the bike to pay that kind of coin. Anything more than 10 grand for a Rocket is too **** much. For around 20K I'd go for a Ducati Panigale (bone stock almost 200 hp!!!)or Diavel...or spring for the mighty V-Max (also ~200 ponies!).

Yeah they are dear here mine was 25k new in 09 and the vmax is 31k here i do have a soft spot for the diavel cant remember the price i think around 26k standard and 31 for the carbon fiber model or there abouts. I think the Diavel is 163hp stock .
We really are getting screwed down here in oz for prices on bikes .
Greedy bloody government tax the crap out of everything. Cant understand why? its not like we have a local brand to protect with import tariffs or anything so its just greed :mad:

Yeah they are dear here mine was 25k new in 09 and the vmax is 31k here i do have a soft spot for the diavel cant remember the price i think around 26k standard and 31 for the carbon fiber model or there abouts. I think the Diavel is 163hp stock .
We really are getting screwed down here in oz for prices on bikes .
Greedy bloody government tax the crap out of everything. Cant understand why? its not like we have a local brand to protect with import tariffs or anything so its just greed :mad:

GAWD **** Man! That's some precious shyt! I'd give up riding altogether and return to surfing! ...Or move to the states:rolleyes:

Back