Cheap power, exhaust upgrade

camccardell

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
So my new ramair intake is en-route from across the pond. I need to do something about the exhaust while I'm at it.
So I've been thinking and researching options.

Here is my most inexpensive yet simple way to free up some power other than running a straight pipe.

Now I could fab up my own entire exhaust, but I figured I'd just remove everything from the manifold back and run a single pipe. But what pipe?
How about one of the new big harley 2 into 1 mufflers?
For only around $100 US it isn't that bad. I might have to make a small elbow to attach it.

Ideas? Thoughts?

I prefer the look of twin pipes, but just going for something inexpensive that works and isn't too loud. (neighbors I don't need to piss off at 4:00am)

I will be fabbing up something in the next week or two, so I wanted to throw up the idea for discussion and maybe get an even better idea, or prevent problems.

Before you go and buy a stock pipe from somewhere you might want to find out what's actually in it. For $100 it's unlikely to have a cat but worth making sure. Why not shop around for an aftermarket option such as Supertrap or even CES designed for and/or tested on a 2300cc motor. @bruce aussie had a very nice single pipe on his previously and it worked well - although it might have been possessed........

Before you go and buy a stock pipe from somewhere you might want to find out what's actually in it. For $100 it's unlikely to have a cat but worth making sure. Why not shop around for an aftermarket option such as Supertrap or even CES designed for and/or tested on a 2300cc motor. @bruce aussie had a very nice single pipe on his previously and it worked well - although it might have been possessed........

With the exception of carpenter, there is about zero aftermarket support here in the states.

Anything you can do that would significantly affect the power will require retuning the fuel, and that isn't cheap. The cheapest thing you can do to affect power is to unrestrict the secondary throttle plates, in case you haven't done it.

Anything you can do that would significantly affect the power will require retuning the fuel, and that isn't cheap. The cheapest thing you can do to affect power is to unrestrict the secondary throttle plates, in case you haven't done it.

resistor mod you mean?

Just in case you did not know here is the software to dramatically increase your power..... read up on this stuff if you have any question most of us are willing to help.

So my new ramair intake is en-route from across the pond. I need to do something about the exhaust while I'm at it.
So I've been thinking and researching options.
Here is my most inexpensive yet simple way to free up some power other than running a straight pipe.
Now I could fab up my own entire exhaust, but I figured I'd just remove everything from the manifold back and run a single pipe. But what pipe?
How about one of the new big harley 2 into 1 mufflers?
For only around $100 US it isn't that bad. I might have to make a small elbow to attach it.
Ideas? Thoughts?
I prefer the look of twin pipes, but just going for something inexpensive that works and isn't too loud. (neighbors I don't need to piss off at 4:00am)
I will be fabbing up something in the next week or two, so I wanted to throw up the idea for discussion and maybe get an even better idea, or prevent problems.

This was my cheap fix until I got my CES header system.
Single-Can.jpg

Back