Bulldawg

.020 Over
I am chasing a good Rocket motor... Have been doing the google search thing but to no avail, Dont care if I have to ship it out from the states is only $500....
The stator went in mine.... Have the guru Charlie in Melbourne working on it and apparently this is the first stator change in Aus?? Motor out and split just to get to it! How stupid is that! Anyway just went and saw Charlie and he feels it would be a cheaper and since I have over 140thousand klm on my motor, option to get another one!
So if any of you boys in the States have heard or know off a good motor please send me details...
Cheers

Was gunna hang on to it as it has been played with abit... also got some plans to do an old skool build on it as money becomes available!

You do not have to split the motor to take the stator out its on the back side. You do not have to pull the motor either bit it is easier.

Pinwaal has a 08 for 2900USD but withthe shipping and currency exchange rate combined with the mileage on yours you could throw som new bearings in it and build an olds chool motor now verses spending all the extra cash now just so you can spend even more when you get around to it.

The stator is on the back which you should know not on the inside

Pinn wall is also selling a stator and flywheel pretty cheap.

Cheers Warp...
Didnt mean the motor had to be split to be dropped.... The motor is out now but Charlie (my mechanic) saying how big a job it is to replace the stator! Have gotta new one through Bike Bandits and he suggested the throw another motor in as it would be easier! I am in no way mechanicaly blessed! hahaha I can ride or drive anything but I must have big fingers cause nuts and bolts and I dont mix!

there is also a bloke from Sydney who's name is Al. he has a complete motor and bits from another. only issue is i don't know how to contact him... but if anyone else knows how to catch him, it might work out for you.

if it is of any help, his wife rides a rocket too. might help identify him as i can't imagine there are many husband and wife teams each with there own rocket.

Back