Chariot Scotland

Chariot

.040 Over
Ride
2017 Rocket 3 R modified trike to take wheelchair
Really frustrating the Corona virus lockdown not to mention a bit scary. Very difficult to get anything done. I am getting a new mudguard (fender) sprayed up in black with red stripes with Triumph emblem on the front, to suit the leading link forks. Hopefully I can get the trike down to Bridgwater at the end of the month.

Last autumn I bought a 2004 off road wheelchair 4 wheel drive (Magic 4x). Lovely piece of kit built in Australia to last. Their latest models the Magic8x start at about £7,500 and g up to £15,000 odd. My chair cost £500 spent another £500 on batteries and a bit of powder coating. We are going to make a front attach bar and bracket so it can go on the trike when my son can get up here to visit. Heres a short video with Patsy my spanner man. Thought I had a photograph of it when I bought it but cant find one.

Stay safe John Prine country singer died last year. Huge fan. Cheers Kenny.

https://youtu.be/9ZTRLs5rMZs
https://youtu.be/jWzq03LmjMA

First time I saw John Prine was at the Earl of Old Town in the late 70's. Late one night sitting in the Earl with a friend three people walked in. It was a small place, and as soon as they came in it was pretty obvious they were recognized. Turns out it was John Prine, Steve Goodman, and Bonnie Koloc. The first two most people have heard of but Bonnie never got the recognition I think she deserved. Here's one of John and one of Bonnie for you.

First time I saw John Prine was at the Earl of Old Town in the late 70's. Late one night sitting in the Earl with a friend three people walked in. It was a small place, and as soon as they came in it was pretty obvious they were recognized. Turns out it was John Prine, Steve Goodman, and Bonnie Koloc. The first two most people have heard of but Bonnie never got the recognition I think she deserved. Here's one of John and one of Bonnie for you.

Great song.Ive seen Bonnie Raitt many times in Glasgow but sadly not John Prine. She does a nice cover of "Angel of Montgomery"

😎Really frustrating the Corona virus lockdown not to mention a bit scary. Very difficult to get anything done. I am getting a new mudguard (fender) sprayed up in black with red stripes with Triumph emblem on the front, to suit the leading link forks. Hopefully I can get the trike down to Bridgwater at the end of the month.

Last autumn I bought a 2004 off road wheelchair 4 wheel drive (Magic 4x). Lovely piece of kit built in Australia to last. Their latest models the Magic8x start at about £7,500 and g up to £15,000 odd. My chair cost £500 spent another £500 on batteries and a bit of powder coating. We are going to make a front attach bar and bracket so it can go on the trike when my son can get up here to visit. Heres a short video with Patsy my spanner man. Thought I had a photograph of it when I bought it but cant find one.

Stay safe John Prine country singer died last year. Huge fan. Cheers Kenny.

https://youtu.be/9ZTRLs5rMZs
https://youtu.be/jWzq03LmjMA
At last a little progress. My fork builder now has the tubing to start the forks and the Triumph emblem. I was hoping to get silencers changed today but we are knee deep in snow here so that ain't happening. Been watching The Mule Clint Eastwood top notch 😎

At last a little progress. My fork builder now has the tubing to start the forks and the Triumph emblem. I was hoping to get silencers changed today but we are knee deep in snow here so that ain't happening. Been watching The Mule Clint Eastwood top notch 😎
Very interested to see your leading link progression. I also have a rocket trike and only have the use of one arm and have long thought about converting. Would you mind divulging who your fork builder is (wasp??). Are you planning to keep the front wheel or change to a more car like wheel (flat wider profile tyre).

Very interested to see your leading link progression. I also have a rocket trike and only have the use of one arm and have long thought about converting. Would you mind divulging who your fork builder is (wasp??). Are you planning to keep the front wheel or change to a more car like wheel (flat wider profile tyre).
oops. I see now it is Lumley Engineering. I see you mentioned that he will be building a second set for sale. I may well be in the market for these subject to finances. Keep us posted. Congrats on the build so far. My trike was also from Cardiff, although from the competition "Trike Design" and am very happy with it.

Hi Evan, I am keeping the Triumph front wheel on Paul's advice. Paul (Lumley Engineering) is building the forks for me, hopefully in March. He has plans to build a second set of forks for the Rocket 3. Please get in touch with him as he would obviously like to know there is a market for these forks. 07814 615275 Cheers Kenny.

oops. I see now it is Lumley Engineering. I see you mentioned that he will be building a second set for sale. I may well be in the market for these subject to finances. Keep us posted. Congrats on the build so far. My trike was also from Cardiff, although from the competition "Trike Design" and am very happy with it.
Hi Evan, Paul told me forks would be around 2 grand, depending on shocks. In my case a bit dearer because of the weight. Bear in mind you will find an easy market for your forks and front mudguard, should recover a good bit of the cost. Paul is a real nice guy, he built a racing sidecar outfit using a Fazer 600 for a paraplegic friend of his. Not fast enough so is now building a R1 version lol.

How do you operate the clutch? Im assuming it was your left arm you lost.

I've seen Prine 4 or 5 times, small venues, once even in a dinner theater place, 20' away

Back