Changing the clutch, anything else now I'm there?

cskals

.040 Over
Ride
R3 standard 2005
Hi all.
About to change the clutch, and thinking now that I'm in there, is there anything else I should change while I'm at it?

Bin reading a lot about a detent spring, is it only if it's broken, or are the new ones upgraded in som way?
Also a wheel, should be upgraded with a bearing, mine has the old one, so I guess it makes sense to change that one.

1 last thing:
I have absolutely no idea what this is called in english, in danish, slør/slup/frigang, so I can't explain it, but here's a link to a video(
), sure you will se the problem. I can move the thing, but nothing happens the first 1-2 cm.
What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance, hope some of you guys can help me out.

Attachments

• IMG_20180528_164409_resized_20180528_044731463.jpg
    IMG_20180528_164409_resized_20180528_044731463.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 4
Let me get the 05 book out and ill tell you the most likely culprit. But since it a 05 and your in this far i recommend spending the 12 buck for a sump gasket and drop her for a look see fir fragmented bearing parts. This is a preempted inspection.

Hi all.
About to change the clutch, and thinking now that I'm in there, is there anything else I should change while I'm at it?

Bin reading a lot about a detent spring, is it only if it's broken, or are the new ones upgraded in som way?
Also a wheel, should be upgraded with a bearing, mine has the old one, so I guess it makes sense to change that one.

1 last thing:
I have absolutely no idea what this is called in english, in danish, slør/slup/frigang, so I can't explain it, but here's a link to a video(
), sure you will se the problem. I can move the thing, but nothing happens the first 1-2 cm.
What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance, hope some of you guys can help me out.

The spring fatigues and breaks off one of the hooks. It might be a weak point where the installer created a weakness by incorrectly grabbing in or hooking it. If it were my bike I would replace the detent spring and be very carefully hooking it. When mine was replaced at about 35k miles. The new one had a much more positive pressure felt at the shifter.

Let me get the 05 book out and ill tell you the most likely culprit. But since it a 05 and your in this far i recommend spending the 12 buck for a sump gasket and drop her for a look see fir fragmented bearing parts. This is a preempted inspection.

Wouldn't it show in the oil?
Was this a weak spot on the earlier models?

The spring fatigues and breaks off one of the hooks. It might be a weak point where the installer created a weakness by incorrectly grabbing in or hooking it. If it were my bike I would replace the detent spring and be very carefully hooking it. When mine was replaced at about 35k miles. The new one had a much more positive pressure felt at the shifter.

Detent spring will be replaced then, thanks :)

I suspect your gear change actuator arm bolt is working loose. Pretty soon she will have a floppy shaft. (The bike not you :D)

Haha, never bin accused of a floppy shaft :p Just turned 40 though, so you never know what the future will bring :unsure:

Can I get you to explain this further?
What's the actuator arm? And is it easy for me to replace now I'm this far?

I tell you what bud you drop the sump pan anyway first and if you do not find anything that should not be there I will gladly send you the cash for the gasket plus a six pack :) for your troubles. Now if you find something well then we will have a better idea of whats ahead at about 12 bucks cost plus you get to clean your sump screens and view what is in them.

Would you consider updating your clutch lifter piece to the newer thicker head one and possibly replace the lifter shaft depending on condition

Back