Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello Rocketeers,

How do you all keep your beast upright when changing the oil.
I don't own a stand or jack that fits this monster.
Many say they let it drain overnight.

Thanks,

I use a short piece of 2x4 wood block under the side stand.
-MIG
And great care when it is nearly balanced upright. A mere nudge on the bars or anywhere else by you or anything else and "Holy sheeet!" can be heard about a mile away as you grab and try and support 700lb+ falling on you, your nosy cat, dog or God forbid another family member.

Once upright, block it up BOTH sides under engine with wood, pavers or house bricks etc!

Exactly what I do, But as the gentleman above stated, be VERY aware of what you touch or what touches it as it is THE balance point and moves very easily. Got something heavy next to it / nearby? Run a ratchet strap or something similar from the bike to that as an anchor!

I drain the oil with the bike on the kick stand and once it dwindles to a trickle, I mount the bike and bring it upright for a minute or two. Then lean it back onto the stand and plug the holes and replace the new filter.

I drain the oil with the bike on the kick stand and once it dwindles to a trickle, I mount the bike and bring it upright for a minute or two. Then lean it back onto the stand and plug the holes and replace the new filter.
Exactly as I do, why mess around with stuffing the kitchen sink under the bike when it is a simple 101 oil change:roll:

same with mine change mine @ 5000 miles why worry about a couple drops of old oil in there.

Back