Changing Idle settings in Tune edit

Toymn8r

.020 Over
I have just removed the O2 sensor and reloaded the smooth decel tune. I ensured that the O2 sensor box was unchecked in tune edit constants.

When I accessed the tune contstants to disable the O2 sensor I noticed that the Idle was set @ 750, when i attempted to change this to 850 the program would not allow me to change it.

Is there a secret to changing the idle setting that i don't know about.
Also the mechanic @ the local Triumph dealership advised against disabling the O2 sensor and stated that it was only for race purposes that you would disable or remove it.
is there any risk of damaging anything by removing O2 sensor in the long term.

I have noticed an increase in fuel consumption since fitting Tuneboy.

I used to get 250 km before the l;ow fuel indicatot loght came on, now it is closer to 200 km ?

Cheers

Click in idle box she should turn green then page up or down to adjust and then save under new program name. I noticed know difference in mine when I changed it. I am thinking the ecu uses this number along with readings from O2 sensor and Map, to calculate and achieve the mix the AF table is set to.

No problems removing the O2 sensor. I would get the Dynojet O2 bypass plug though and plug it in. It is going to use more gas for two reasons: 1. the bike is using more fuel, it's not as lean as it was and 2. you a probably twisting the throttle more to test out what it can do.

No problems removing the O2 sensor. I would get the Dynojet O2 bypass plug though and plug it in. It is going to use more gas for two reasons: 1. the bike is using more fuel, it's not as lean as it was and 2. you a probably twisting the throttle more to test out what it can do.
I have that twisting problem also and it hurts my grin muscles too:D

Thanks for the replies

I hear you, re testing new capabilities.

Definitley not riding as sedately as I was before the changes.

The smooth decel tune you provided is much smoother all round. 3000 RPM @ 120kph

For some reason Smooth decel 2 with the extra 10 - 15% is running 3200 RPM @ 120 kph.

This tune will be saved if I ever get the urge to test it down the Quarter mile. It feels a much more instant acceleration for some reason.

I have not tried the Jardine tune with PCIII overlay yet. What is the benefit of using PCIII info with the Tune boy program?

Thanks for the help

Thanks Pig9r

I will probably fit the under tank K&N filter soon.

At the moment the smooth decel tune you provided feels great. Bike runs smooth, plenty of power and runs the best it has since fitting the Jardines

Cheers

Back