Gerald

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket III
Rebuilt front forks on my 05 rocket III about three yrs. ago, so now I'm changing oil from forks and looking for what members recommend for oil viscosity, general riding. I had used with 5 weight previously. Thanks

Is have to look, but I think I put 7 in when I switched to progressive springs. I actually need to pull mine and check the level as one side had a leaking seal that I fixed by cleaning it, have no idea how much leaked out before I caught it.

Is have to look, but I think I put 7 in when I switched to progressive springs. I actually need to pull mine and check the level as one side had a leaking seal that I fixed by cleaning it, have no idea how much leaked out before I caught it.
Only so much time in the day. small things seem to slip up on you. Thanks for your thoughts on the oil. Mine seem to transfer great with 5 weight.

i went to progressive and motul 7.5
made a big diff over stock
is not to firm
Thanks for reply, still thinking it over. You know what they say, study long, study wrong. On my tight u-joint, couldn't find a replacement, sprayed joint with Kano Sili Kroil penetrant, pressed tight side out to the seal started to touch, and pressed it back in. On mine factory had put a .0045shim between each cap and snap ring. I removed shims from tight side and seated snap rings, total of .009. Joint is now free, don't know if penetrant got past seal and lubed joint or if removing shims freed it up. I used to have a needle grease fitting but couldn't find it. Next time I'll check it again, possibly find needle fitting of buy another. Think it was handled by alemite.

Thanks for reply, still thinking it over. You know what they say, study long, study wrong. On my tight u-joint, couldn't find a replacement, sprayed joint with Kano Sili Kroil penetrant, pressed tight side out to the seal started to touch, and pressed it back in. On mine factory had put a .0045shim between each cap and snap ring. I removed shims from tight side and seated snap rings, total of .009. Joint is now free, don't know if penetrant got past seal and lubed joint or if removing shims freed it up. I used to have a needle grease fitting but couldn't find it. Next time I'll check it again, possibly find needle fitting of buy another. Think it was handled by alemite.
Good weight with the Progressive springs!

When i was workng on tribals the shaft had those shims and i had to remove some shims to free up the joint.
i am wondering if those are replacement joints

When i was workng on tribals the shaft had those shims and i had to remove some shims to free up the joint.
i am wondering if those are replacement joints
Don't know, bike belonged to my brother, and triumph replaced differential under warranty.

I did mine on my 2016 Roadster when i had that. Put progressives in an 7 grade oil. I used a plastic tie and slipped it down inside the tube b4 draining to get a level to fill it to again. The progressives and 7 grade oil made the bike better handling and it felt more solid up front.

20221228_124947.jpg

Went with 10W, but not enough experience yet to tell difference vs stock, that and Wilbers went in too so the difference is masked.

Back