Changing clutch and brake levers - recommendations?

Jid

Early Apex
Ride
2011 Rocket Roadster
While I do have large hands (XXL glove size) I find there to be a little too much stretching/reach for the brake and clutch levers. Any recommendations on changing these to something with a shorter throw? I haven't ever changed these on any of my other bikes so this is new to me.

Thoughts /recommendations? The exercises to make my hands bigger haven't been working very well.

JD

I did. Made them closer. Still not close enough. Don't have this issue on my America or my T120.

Maybe there is an adjustment I need to make.

I did. Made them closer. Still not close enough. Don't have this issue on my America or my T120.

Maybe there is an adjustment I need to make.
Their is a couple companies the make adjustable ones that have 6 positions instead of four. I see Blaine was summoned can't wait to see what he did.

I'm confused. If you have XXL hands, how is the reach on the levers too long????
Is someone overcompensating with too big of a glove???? :p :roll:

Sorry guys. My levers are stock with the factory four position adjusters. I don't think the levers can come much closer to the grips and still have sufficient range to function. In the closest position the clutch lever needs to be adjusted for minimal free play to still fully release when pulled. And the brake lever is known to travel to the grip unless you keep the front calipers bled free of air. So different or bent levers won't work well.

Perhaps grips that are smaller in diameter?

Back