Changed silver to black

SleepyOwl

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket
Just about finished the changes now. Happy with the black with the grey tank. Just need to put the headlight surrounds back on. I do have black subframe replacements but from what I can see the fuel tank has to be removed to get at the nut on the top bolt so not an easy job.
Need to put suspension to max to help protect the number plate from hitting the tyre I think. I have a straight plate but not sure how easy the police are when they see those plates

IMG_6251.jpg
IMG_6257.jpg
IMG_6256.jpg
IMG_6254.jpg

Just about finished the changes now. Happy with the black with the grey tank. Just need to put the headlight surrounds back on. I do have black subframe replacements but from what I can see the fuel tank has to be removed to get at the nut on the top bolt so not an easy job.
Need to put suspension to max to help protect the number plate from hitting the tyre I think. I have a straight plate but not sure how easy the police are when they see those plates

IMG_6251.jpg
IMG_6257.jpg
IMG_6256.jpg
IMG_6254.jpg
Looks great did you powder coat or just paint ? Or is there somewhere we can buy black replacement parts from?

My cobber and i fitted tail tidies to our 2020 bikes too. Our plate here in NZ is around 230mm x 95mm i think. We set the rebound up to the highest setting and still the wheel touched so we took them back to stock. However, there are those who have used tail tidies that are hinged allowing the plate to kick up and fall back into place with no damage...i like that idea...
20201211_081652.jpg
20201101_114801 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Looks great did you powder coat or just paint ? Or is there somewhere we can buy black replacement parts from?
I did a mix of painting/powdercoat and replacement parts. I had the rear part painted with the inserts being powdercoated. You can order the parts at the dealership. They are surprisingly not that expensive. I used the below site for reference on prices and then asked my dealer to order the parts from the "triple black" version of the Rocket. Radiator cowl was £105 for both bits. Side of front mudguard was £120ish for both sides. I still have my original rear cowl as bought one with the rubber marks from ebay for £60 and had it sprayed Triumph Phantom black. Had the top front mudguard painted as it was expensive at about £200 from memory.
Have a check out of the below but just remember that some of the parts dont mention colour so best to double check with the dealer.

I did a mix of painting/powdercoat and replacement parts. I had the rear part painted with the inserts being powdercoated. You can order the parts at the dealership. They are surprisingly not that expensive. I used the below site for reference on prices and then asked my dealer to order the parts from the "triple black" version of the Rocket. Radiator cowl was £105 for both bits. Side of front mudguard was £120ish for both sides. I still have my original rear cowl as bought one with the rubber marks from ebay for £60 and had it sprayed Triumph Phantom black. Had the top front mudguard painted as it was expensive at about £200 from memory.
Have a check out of the below but just remember that some of the parts dont mention colour so best to double check with the dealer.

Awesome thanks for the info 🙂

Back