CES Header with footboards on standard Rocket III ... don't fit :(

ChrisACT

Supercharged
Ride
2006 Rocket III Special Edition
So, it appears the used CES header I purchased doesn't want to play with my footboards due to clearance issues with the rear brake master cylinder resovoir.

The rear brake lever is pretty darn close too.

Any suggestions?

CES_FB1.jpg

CES_FB2.jpg

Possible but then I can't use the chrome guard on the master cylinder as it'll stop the foot board from folding up.

Without the guard it looks pretty crap. Those brackets aren't meant to be seen.

That whole thread makes a great read for anyone not around at the time and considering CES headers. The reason there’s a bit of an issue with the brake reservoir is that they were originally designed to fit Roadsters. It’s all there and a lot more too. Fun times. :)

I bent the little bracket out. Got maybe an extra 1-2 cm clearance and was able to fit the guard. Never a problem with it. I posted a pic at the time and will try to find it.

Your bike in the photo in that thread isn't running boards. It has footpegs. The boards won't fold up if I space the guard and reservoir out 1cm, let alone 2cm.

I reckon I'll cut my losses and sell these headers. I'm just not really willing to make the thing look half arsed just to get another 10HP.

In retrospect, I probably should've gone with one of Paul's headers. They look like they'd clear it easily.

Oh well ... live and learn.

Anyone wanna buy them? Comes with three brand new copper exhaust gaskets still in the packets.

$1,000AUD

@ChrisACT the point in bending only the top portion of the the reservoir mount was so that the heat shield didn’t sit any further out. It just moved the reservoir within the space.

The chrome guard touches the header so it won't fit unless I space the guard out or leave the top of the guard off. If I space it out, the foot board won't fold.

Also, as you were running pegs, your master cylinder and reservoir may not be in exactly the same location as with the factory boards setup.

If I moved the reservoir 1cm, it'd still be touching the header.

Last edited:
Back