ceramic coating

whatthe

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket3 GT
I have applied Avalon King DIY ceramic coating. I cannot say the paint is anymore glossy as the paint job from Triumph is pretty doggone good. It is supposed to last anywhere from three to five years so no waxing for that time.

Attachments

• 20200725_093641.jpg
    20200725_093641.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 69
I used ceramic coating at first, but ended up getting a clear wrap on the bike to protect paint.
Coat made it look shiny for few days though.

We ceramic coated my brothers GTI and with the leftovers we did my V-Rod. We'll see how that works out. Considering I don't rider her near as often as my R3T, it should last for years and years. She does look absolutely stunning (better than new). Time will tell how it holds up. Uncertain how and when the re-apply will work (once ceramic always ceramic???) Perfectly happy waxing our other bikes w/ carnuba. Part of it is the joy of taking care of her... :cool: I'll be watching my brothers car closey as he does not have a garage.
-MIG

We ceramic coated my brothers GTI and with the leftovers we did my V-Rod. We'll see how that works out. Considering I don't rider her near as often as my R3T, it should last for years and years. She does look absolutely stunning (better than new). Time will tell how it holds up. Uncertain how and when the re-apply will work (once ceramic always ceramic???) Perfectly happy waxing our other bikes w/ carnuba. Part of it is the joy of taking care of her... :cool: I'll be watching my brothers car closey as he does not have a garage.
-MIG
Vrod picture of the job you did please. u should know the rule :p:thumbsup:

Vrod picture of the job you did please. u should know the rule :p:thumbsup:
Forgive my oversight... :rolleyes:

Taken a couple weeks before...
71786.jpeg

After ceramic coating (and a full detail)...
Delilah-FS.jpg

Key will be to see just how much less the dirt stick and how much easier she is to wipe off (all claims... not yet proven...)
-MIG

Forgive my oversight... :rolleyes:

Taken a couple weeks before...
71786.jpeg

After ceramic coating (and a full detail)...
Delilah-FS.jpg

Key will be to see just how much less the dirt stick and how much easier she is to wipe off (all claims... not yet proven...)
-MIG
Well report back on this snake oil stuff sure looks glassy, whenever i race the guy who brings a stock vrod to the track i think of you ive known you had a vrod he runs 88mph very consistent in the 1/8 mile

Attachments

• CA556310-7A3C-4ACA-B090-EC5FA27953DB.jpeg
    CA556310-7A3C-4ACA-B090-EC5FA27953DB.jpeg
    763.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back