Ceramic Coating Exhaust?

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
I've read a post here and there about ceramic coating exhaust. I just ordered a set of TORS and am considering getting everything ( all exhaust parts) ceramic coated mat black. Does anyone have any experience with this, words of wisdom. Are you happy you got it done?

Thanks

When I had my Harley I bought the Rush ceramic "coated" exhaust system and it really cut down on the "Harley heat"...but it was chromed on the outside.

mate, don't know about the tors as I don't run them but I had my complete system coated and it made a significant difference to heat and also gives a few extra ponies if you get it done inside and out. Hope this gives some help.

Find an recommended experienced company .. preparation is everything , like any 'painted' finish. Colour is only the finish coat , ceramic 'undercoat' is what's important .. as been said inside and out does decrease the heat. If you are retaining the standard headers the heat shields/ covers can be just powder-coated , which will save you a few dollars.

Thanks all, i will shop around before getting this done. I didn't realize that the colour was the finish coat and that the ceramic coat went inside the pipes as well, very interesting. I am retaining the stock headers as well as the heat shields. I think all black will look good. It's been a tossup between black chrome or ceramic coat, black finish.

image.jpg
Hi had the full Exhaust system and headers ceramic coated and find it a very durable finish and it does reduce the heat a bit.... Cools down much quicker!
image.jpg

image.jpg
Hi had the full Exhaust system and headers ceramic coated and find it a very durable finish and it does reduce the heat a bit.... Cools down much quicker!
image.jpg
Cool, thanks for posting, gives me an idea of what it will look like since I am blacking mine out completely

Back