Ceramic Coat stock R3T exhaust exchange pipe.

AndrewK

.060 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Just thought I would throw this out here....

Has anyone considered having their stock exhaust exchange pipe ceramic coated. We all know that the cats are in the mufflers on the R3T and since I have a completely stock system, performance isn't a big deal. If money was no object I would replace the entire system, but it is, so I am looking for a way to reduce the heat the exchange pipe puts off.

Also, anyone consider having the stock header and exchange pipe ceramic coated?

Well I haven't de-catted touring mufflers but it appears to me that the process would be identical as that for the roadster. There's a "how to do it" posted under "another way to skin the CAT". Type in "skin the cat" in the search window.

Even if you can't weld you can do all the prep work with a $30 dollar air grinder and ziss wheel and then take it to any weld shop and have them weld the seem back together.

It would reduce the heat way way more than ceramic coating and provide more flow rate at the same time.

So just getting a set of TORs or other aftermarket exhaust system is going to reduce the heat from the stock exhaust exchange pipe?

Just thought I would throw this out here....

Has anyone considered having their stock exhaust exchange pipe ceramic coated. We all know that the cats are in the mufflers on the R3T and since I have a completely stock system, performance isn't a big deal. If money was no object I would replace the entire system, but it is, so I am looking for a way to reduce the heat the exchange pipe puts off.

Also, anyone consider having the stock header and exchange pipe ceramic coated?
I had my stock header coated - all the various heat sheildparts, seems to be a bit cooler, it definitely cools down quicker. Plus it looks great!

This convoluted carry on inside the Touring (and Roadster) cross over pipe would create heat I reckon.

IMG_0619.JPG

Back