Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 RIII Standard Bagger w/Fairing
Got this C E L Code the other day before removing my RamAir filter for cleaning /re-oil. Did not read what the code meant until just now. Of course I have already installed the cleaned/oiled filter. Is the IAT sensor the one that inserts into the filter or is it the other sensor under the tank ?

What are the fixes for this code ?

Not sure about how to fix the code, but the sensor that goes in the filter IS the IAT (Intake Air Temperature). The one under the tank with the vacuum lines is the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. I would start by making sure the connection is good and clean.

Got this C E L Code the other day before removing my RamAir filter for cleaning /re-oil. Did not read what the code meant until just now. Of course I have already installed the cleaned/oiled filter. Is the IAT sensor the one that inserts into the filter or is it the other sensor under the tank ?

What are the fixes for this code ?

Error code P0113 indicates that the computer has received a high voltage signal from the intake air temperature sensor. This code will occur when the powertrain control module (PCM) receives a voltage of 5 volts or more from the IAT. This indicates a problem between the IAT and the PCM.

I would first clean the sensor, check the wiring for any kinks, fraying, or wear, and check and clean the plug, then reset the code.
If it comes back, I would guess you have a bad sensor and need to order a new one.

Did you by chance turn on key while that sensor that goes into ramair was not in line hooked up, but you should be able to reset code and go.

No it came on on its own the first time as I turned on the bike to show WJB how to use TuneECU. I cleared it then and later it came back on just before I decided to clean the filter.

No I haven't moved any of the plugs at all. I should put the tank up and look over the wires and clean the connectors and the IAT itself.

be very careful with the AIT sensor....especially the wee bulbous end on it as it is very fragile..
AIT fault code...
Error code P0113 indicates that the computer has received a high voltage signal from the intake air temperature sensor. This code will occur when the powertrain control module (PCM) receives a voltage of 5 volts or more from the IAT. This indicates a problem between the IAT and the PCM.

The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor, otherwise known as the air charge temperature sensor, is used by the powertrain control module (PCM) to determine the temperature (and therefore the density) of air entering the engine. Typically, the PCM sends a 5-volt reference to the IAT sensor. The IAT sensor then varies its internal resistance according to air temperature and sends a return signal back to the PCM. The PCM then uses this formation to determine fuel injector control and other outputs.

A bad IAT sensor can cause all kinds of drivability problems including a rough idle, surging, stalling, and poor fuel economy. To replace this part, you can follow the step-by-step guide below.

Part 1 of 2: Removing the old intake air temperature sensor
In order to safely and efficiently replace your IAT sensor, you will need a couple of basic tools.

Materials Needed

Step 1: Locate the sensor. The IAT sensor is usually located in the air intake boot, but it may also be located in the air cleaner housing or intake manifold.

Step 2: Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the negative battery cable and set it aside.

Step 3: Remove the sensor’s electrical connector. Now that you know where the IAT sensor is located, you can remove its electrical connector.

Step 4: Remove the sensor. Carefully remove the faulty sensor, keeping in mind that some sensors simply pull straight out while others must be unscrewed using a wrench.

Part 2 of 2: Installing the new intake air temperature sensor
Step 1: Install the new sensor. Install the new sensor by pushing it straight in or screwing it in, depending on the design.

Step 2: Reinstall the electrical connector. To enable the new sensor, you must now reconnect the electrical connector.

Step 3: Reinstall the negative battery cable. As a final step, reinstall the negative battery cable.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/air-charge-temperature-sensor-replacement

Last edited:
be very careful with the AIT sensor....especially the wee bulbous end on it as it is very fragile..
AIT fault code...

The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor, otherwise known as the air charge temperature sensor, is used by the powertrain control module (PCM) to determine the temperature (and therefore the density) of air entering the engine. Typically, the PCM sends a 5-volt reference to the IAT sensor. The IAT sensor then varies its internal resistance according to air temperature and sends a return signal back to the PCM. The PCM then uses this formation to determine fuel injector control and other outputs.

A bad IAT sensor can cause all kinds of drivability problems including a rough idle, surging, stalling, and poor fuel economy. To replace this part, you can follow the step-by-step guide below.

Part 1 of 2: Removing the old intake air temperature sensor
In order to safely and efficiently replace your IAT sensor, you will need a couple of basic tools.

Materials Needed

Step 1: Locate the sensor. The IAT sensor is usually located in the air intake boot, but it may also be located in the air cleaner housing or intake manifold.

Step 2: Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the negative battery cable and set it aside.

Step 3: Remove the sensor’s electrical connector. Now that you know where the IAT sensor is located, you can remove its electrical connector.

Step 4: Remove the sensor. Carefully remove the faulty sensor, keeping in mind that some sensors simply pull straight out while others must be unscrewed using a wrench.

Part 2 of 2: Installing the new intake air temperature sensor
Step 1: Install the new sensor. Install the new sensor by pushing it straight in or screwing it in, depending on the design.

Step 2: Reinstall the electrical connector. To enable the new sensor, you must now reconnect the electrical connector.

Step 3: Reinstall the negative battery cable. As a final step, reinstall the negative battery cable.

Gratitude for that dope, M8! :thumbsup: :D

Back