Cat eliminator and excessive riding temps

haloids

Standard Bore
I had done a search regarding the elimination of the Cat. Is there an adaptor that will eliminate the cat but allow the use of the stock pipes? I will apologize in advance if this info is available as I did not find the answer I was looking for.

Additionally, I am riding in Thailand where it is always hot and the heat from the engine/radiator, even at speed, is wilting at best. Any fixes or ideas?

Love the bike, hate the riding temps.:confused:

Additionally, I am riding in Thailand where it is always hot and the heat from the engine/radiator, even at speed, is wilting at best. Any fixes or ideas?

Love the bike, hate the riding temps.:confused:

You're screwed.. Sorry but that's what happens when you a bike that has a car engine between your legs...

Haloids,
Yes you can buy a triumph exhaust upgrade,
which is a cat bypass, you'll also need to order the one gasket thats not already in the pipes.
Its Triumph part number T2208430, and about $15.00.
It goes on the bypass where the header comes down and the bypass hooks up.
As far as heat goes, As Phil said, there ain't much you can do.
Good luck , have fun, and welcome aboard.

Haloids,
Yes you can buy a triumph exhaust upgrade,
which is a cat bypass, you'll also need to order the one gasket thats not already in the pipes.
Its Triumph part number T2208430, and about $15.00.
It goes on the bypass where the header comes down and the bypass hooks up.
As far as heat goes, As Phil said, there ain't much you can do.
Good luck , have fun, and welcome aboard.

So the Trumph exhaust upgrade will allow use of the stock mufflers? Thanks again.

You might try a set of BakerBuilt Air Wings to deal with the heat. I had a set on my Valkyrie and they really worked to direct the hot air from the radiator away from my legs. If you adjust them on a slant so that the inner edge angles forward and the outer edge back, it has a wing effect that pulls the hot air out to the side of the bike. I don't know how much good they would do for the heat radiating off the engine, though.

Yes,
Thats what I'm running right now.
Bypass, and stock pipes.
Don't forget that gasket I mentioned or you'll be ordering one later,
and that'll hold you up another week or two when you're wanting to ride.

You're screwed.. Sorry but that's what happens when you a bike that has a car engine between your legs...
Im ot familiar with the heat in your next of the woods but like RatBoy said...youre screwed. Unless you can possibly get the radiator cooling fans to cut on sooner, ie., all the time:D this engine is bigger than most car engines, in your neighborhood. Perhaps a Kinroad would serve you better:D I have a 225cc model with a 5 down shift pattern and it's pretty cool...sitting in the garage:rolleyes:

Back