alselec

.060 Over
I have the manifold upgrade in my 06 r3 classic. I am going to put a cat box back on. Will it make it quieter, i'm hoping. will i have to retune it at the dealer? Will it stop the popping on decell?

It will make it a lot quieter and make the popping quieter as well. Don't know if it gets rid of it though. It'll also add about 15 lbs to your bike.:)

Cat box, / manifold

Bummer about adding weight. but if its quieter and popping is less it might be worth it. The extra weight would be in low position too.

I've modified the tables using Tuneboy to eliminate much of the decel pop after having also installed the "silencer upgrade kit". I had the decel pop from day one; but, it wasn't until I had the throttle bodies balanced, at the dealership, that it (the decel pop) was fully eliminated.

The cat box eliminator does increase the sound level of stock bologna pipes but not terribly significant. I don't care for loud and these bologna muffs are just right. The upgrade put more yeehaw in my giddy-up and I won't go back.

Cat box, / manifold

ya the sound isn't too bad now, but was going to put the cat box back on anyway. Hope I don't have to retune it.

Back