seanc1290

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Ktm 1290 Superduke
Hi guys,

im looking for a map for my friend who has a 2014 rocket roadster with ram air intake (possibly changing to triple k&n's) and he has just ordered a carpenter sidewinder system.

We are trying to avoid using a power commander so hoping for maybe a tuneecu map if theres one available or if anyone could point us in the direction of a good tuner in the uk?

Another option would be to post his ecu off to carpenter as i believe they would load one of their maps for around $200 but as he uses his bike on a daily basis we are trying to avoid that also. Does anyone have any experience with the carpenter map? Is it worth putting his bike off road for a few weeks?

I have also noticed on the tune ecu website there is a map by PowerTripp for triple k&n's and a full jardine system, do you guys think that will be close enough for daily use i cant imagine there would be much difference between a jardine system and carpenter system? After a bit of reading i believe i would have to copy all the tables over to my friends standard map as the 2014 rocket seems to use a different ecu, is this correct and do you think it would be worth a try?

Many thanks in advanced for any help and advise :)

Hi guys,

im looking for a map for my friend who has a 2014 rocket roadster with ram air intake (possibly changing to triple k&n's) and he has just ordered a carpenter sidewinder system.

We are trying to avoid using a power commander so hoping for maybe a tuneecu map if theres one available or if anyone could point us in the direction of a good tuner in the uk?

Another option would be to post his ecu off to carpenter as i believe they would load one of their maps for around $200 but as he uses his bike on a daily basis we are trying to avoid that also. Does anyone have any experience with the carpenter map? Is it worth putting his bike off road for a few weeks?

I have also noticed on the tune ecu website there is a map by PowerTripp for triple k&n's and a full jardine system, do you guys think that will be close enough for daily use i cant imagine there would be much difference between a jardine system and carpenter system? After a bit of reading i believe i would have to copy all the tables over to my friends standard map as the 2014 rocket seems to use a different ecu, is this correct and do you think it would be worth a try?

Many thanks in advanced for any help and advise :)
CALL Carpenter they will supply a map .

Cheers mate ill tell him to ring them, he's having trouble getting any info off them through email they must be busy. Do you know if they will send a map through email? If so im guessing it will be tuneboy?

@IMFASTTOO works for Carpenter. Tell your friend to get on here and introduce himself. I'm curious to hear how that setup works for him. Many will also claim that the ram air system is the better setup.

@IMFASTTOO works for Carpenter. Tell your friend to get on here and introduce himself. I'm curious to hear how that setup works for him. Many will also claim that the ram air system is the better setup.

I think he's already on here ill tell him to pop on and introduce himself, he doesnt know much about tune ecu ect so thought id ask for him.

He wont have the carpenter system for a couple of week yet as we are in uk so takes a while to get here. He's running Powertripps r3r slip on map atm with ram air and david platt slip ons and it runs and sounds awesome .

Allow me to set the record straight, Norm, so that you neither lead yourself nor others, like Sean, astray!

Art does not work for Bob Carpenter and he never has. They are, however, old friends from the same metropolitan area for better than 45 years, having raced against one another for years on professional circuits. Both have spent many decades in the motorcycling industry in their own, independent businesses and frequently over the years they've joined forces, put their heads together and developed some of the fastest one-off, diversely branded motorcycles ever put on the road, including Carpenter Racing's, all mechanical engine upgrade kits for our R3's. Additionally, they have individually and jointly provided essential input, advise and/or componentry aimed toward helping with Triumph's ongoing attempts over the last three seasons to successfully attain the overall World Land Speed Record for motorcycles in the Unlimited Class at Bonneville Salt Flats.

That's the truth of it. Everything else is mere conjecture, defamation or unadulterated

Is Art opinionated? Sure, who isn't!? Does he have personal biases? I've never meet anyone that doesn't. Can he be a bit, uhh, thorny? Damm straight - like a frikkin' porcupine on steroids, but SO WHAT?

Has he ever dispensed bad advice here about any aspect of Rocketry, especially information that could jeopardize any other rider's safety ? Never!!!

Carry on, Sir!:sleep:

hello to all ,, thought I'd better introduce myself to the group, I ride a 2014 rocket roadster, I bought it brand new and love it to bits , I fitted a ram air filter & Dave platt slip on silencers, my mate Seanc1290 remapped it for me, it runs lovely & sweet, been very happy until I saw the carpenter pipes on YouTube, the street rod is a lovely looking system, but worried about my leg ( burns ) then they brought out there sidewinder system so I've ordered that work of art instead, cant wait to receive it, I just need guidance with the mapping, so my mate Seanc1290 as asked the group for help and advice, I'm VERY grateful for all your information & replies....

hello to all ,, thought I'd better introduce myself to the group, I ride a 2014 rocket roadster, I bought it brand new and love it to bits , I fitted a ram air filter & Dave platt slip on silencers, my mate Seanc1290 remapped it for me, it runs lovely & sweet, been very happy until I saw the carpenter pipes on YouTube, the street rod is a lovely looking system, but worried about my leg ( burns ) then they brought out there sidewinder system so I've ordered that work of art instead, cant wait to receive it, I just need guidance with the mapping, so my mate Seanc1290 as asked the group for help and advice, I'm VERY grateful for all your information & replies....
YES CARPENTER can supply the maps for the pipes they make I did all the Road testing on the modded Carpenter bikes and own one myself and they are all tuned and setup for street use and run on pump gas .

Back