Carpenter Racing (seriously considering the 240 hp upgrade package)

sds

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3R,
Hello,
I am considering sending my 2014 R3R to Carpenter after the factory warrantee expires. If anyone here has done this, I could sure use ANY and all advise. I have no issues with the stock performance of the bike (It is AWESOME) IMO.
In addition to the increase torque and hp, what if any (good and bad) differences will I have to deal with?
Thank you in advance for any help. sds

Having just traded in an '08 Standard for a untitled 2012 Carpentered 240 Rocket, I can relay a couple of things I've noticed.

1. You will notice a loss of torque at lower RPMs
2. You will have to unlearn when to shift.
3. Since 75 mph is right at 3000 rpm, red line is 9000 rpm, that makes top (theoretical) speed? Real f-ing fast.

Top two are related, but ultimately, I have to get used to revving it much higher than I was used to doing. As a plus, the megaphone exhaust sounds REALLY good at high revs.

Otherwise, I can find no complaint (other than my burnt pants legs). It is a little scary the first time you downshift to go from 60 mph t0 80 mph. Make sure and hold on tight.

MarvinM

Hello,
I am considering sending my 2014 R3R to Carpenter after the factory warrantee expires. If anyone here has done this, I could sure use ANY and all advise. I have no issues with the stock performance of the bike (It is AWESOME) IMO.
In addition to the increase torque and hp, what if any (good and bad) differences will I have to deal with?
Thank you in advance for any help. sds

How much discretionary income do you have to invest in rear tires?

I am also on the fence really considering sending my 14 off in Feb of 17 when I move off Hawaii. Maybe by then there will be a 300hp option :)

I am also on the fence really considering sending my 14 off in Feb of 17 when I move off Hawaii. Maybe by then there will be a 300hp option :)
300 N/A can be achieved with a mix of Carpenter/Nev Lush & a bit of English engineering. BUT
high horsepower is at high rpms so torque at lower rpms WILL suffer. UNLESS
You go forced to increase power everywhere, but there are downsides.
Or you could do both as I did but 300 ftlb of torque & crazy hp.
You can have too much power, you want to be able to enjoy it.
The beast I created will probably be broken up because it is too much for me,
that's why I ride the Bonnie now so be careful what you wish for.

I don't understand how they rev limit them to 9k. I havn't seen a dyno read out that revs to more than 8k. What happens to the tune between 8 and 9k rpm?

I don't understand how they rev limit them to 9k. I havn't seen a dyno read out that revs to more than 8k. What happens to the tune between 8 and 9k rpm?

Um, maybe in Harley shops, but Carpenter builds Hyabusas and such that go to 14,000, so that doesn't make sense.

Back