Carpenter-ized?

Cav Man

.060 Over
Ride
2017 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
I'm looking at a used R3R with what is clearly a Carpenter Sidewinder exhaust and K&N filters on it. Is there any visual cue to confirm/deny that it has had the 210, 240 or 265 hp kit installed?

Ya what type of cam chain tensioner does it have ? Oh and does it sound like a stock car or a 2300 cc motor with a big arse pipe? There is a difference. Also in the side if the head you will see a emblem milled into it that says carpenter racing. If its a 09 or older with a sidewinder I would invest in the nearest burn unit. If its a roadster then at least the pipe won't cook you.

Ya what type of cam chain tensioner does it have ? Oh and does it sound like a stock car or a 2300 cc motor with a big arse pipe? There is a difference. Also in the side if the head you will see a emblem milled into it that says carpenter racing. If its a 09 or older with a sidewinder I would invest in the nearest burn unit. If its a roadster then at least the pipe won't cook you.

I'm going to go see it in a couple of days Warp, but its definitely a Roadster from the photos- black with white racing stripes. The reason for my question is I want to look closely for signs that would indicate its been to NJ when I do give it a closer inspection- not sure if they'll let me fire it up or not. Will definitely look at the side of the head for the emblem and will fire it up if I can. Thanks for the pointers!

Directly above cylinder 2 as in this pic is the dead give away it's got more than just the pipe.
20181212_173624.jpg

I'm going to go see it in a couple of days Warp, but its definitely a Roadster from the photos- black with white racing stripes. The reason for my question is I want to look closely for signs that would indicate its been to NJ when I do give it a closer inspection- not sure if they'll let me fire it up or not. Will definitely look at the side of the head for the emblem and will fire it up if I can. Thanks for the pointers!
Not sure if they will let you fire it up? Bull to the chit I say it’s a used bike take it for a ride and wind the piss out of it.

Not sure if they will let you fire it up? Bull to the chit I say it’s a used bike take it for a ride and wind the piss out of it.

Fire it up is one thing, riding the piss out of it perhaps another as its likely going to be about 15 deg F :(

Fire it up is one thing, riding the piss out of it perhaps another as its likely going to be about 15 deg F :(
That is a good reason to not test ride. I’m sure you just want to know what you are buying.

That is a good reason to not test ride. I’m sure you just want to know what you are buying.

Tis a used motor.
I'd at least sure make sure all the gears work - gotta ride it IMHO, at least around the block.

Check the service manual...the oil level...does it smell like burning......the oil filter...the clutch pull...the brake fluid level...the tyre wear...indicators,lights etc....do all the gauges work?...front shocks with the front brakes hard on...does it spring back nicely...rear shocks ...are they standard or after market?...and you gotta hear it running brutha....normal noises or something clunky....gotta ride it for self seat of the pants feeling...you'll know if its straight or not...
Good luck.

Back