Carpenter Exhaust

Super D.

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket 3 Standard Black, Flyscreen
I am looking at both the sidewinder and street rod, and I am concerned about heat. Does anyone know if they can add heat shields, and how well they work? I dont really care for the wrapped look.

From the couple of people I've spoken to, the sidewinders put the front pipe close to the leg. The Brute gets warm in stop n go traffic. I don't feel any heat while riding. I've been talking to @IMFASTTOO and he is supposed to be getting me some part numbers for aftermarket heat shields that will cover more and fit right.

I have the sidewinder and no issues with heat at all. They did a good job of curving just in front of my legs.

Don't we at shorts when riding though .... sometimes I will touch them with my jeans and I don't get burned but a bear leg would.

The sound and look of the sidewinder is awesome.

Attachments

• 20161015_102126.jpg
    20161015_102126.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 48
I do have the sidewinders for my 2005. The pegs are farther back on the newer bikes so your leg stays further away from the pipe. I have burnt holes in 2 of my jeans and needed some type of heat shield. I talked to Bob and he said to get in touch with samson and order a heat shield designed for the head pipe on a 2007 Street Glide. I got it and it was shaped almost exact but still wasn't keeping the heat away. It did help but is not the solution.

I would also like to get some heat shields specifically designed for the sidewinders. If any are made it would be great to post it here.

I am looking at both the sidewinder and street rod, and I am concerned about heat. Does anyone know if they can add heat shields, and how well they work? I dont really care for the wrapped look.

I have the sidewinder and no issues with heat at all. They did a good job of curving just in front of my legs.

Don't we at shorts when riding though .... sometimes I will touch them with my jeans and I don't get burned but a bear leg would.

The sound and look of the sidewinder is awesome.

Simple solution. Have Paul design you a set of pipes. Did my homework before buying a set of good aftermarket pipes and do not like how the Carpenters set out so far to the point of burning your legs. Do not wear shorts on a bike matter of fact do not wear shorts at all kind of gay in my part of the woods. Backwoods OKIE. Take a good look at Pauls facebook page. The pipes he fabricates sets a lot closer in. Gee wheeze no stupid looking springs either. Hello Paul how are the pipes coming along? 2015 Rocket X no, 74.

Simple solution. Have Paul design you a set of pipes. Did my homework before buying a set of good aftermarket pipes and do not like how the Carpenters set out so far to the point of burning your legs. Do not wear shorts on a bike matter of fact do not wear shorts at all kind of gay in my part of the woods. Backwoods OKIE. Take a good look at Pauls facebook page. The pipes he fabricates sets a lot closer in. Gee wheeze no stupid looking springs either. Hello Paul how are the pipes coming along? 2015 Rocket X no, 74.
All the pipes require heat shields The CARP pipes are designed for max power and are 2inch pipes and have a CNC machined manifold to produce max HP so heat shields are needed on all systems regardless of maker the springs are used on most race systems made for sport bikes and if you dont like them you can use aircraft style exhaust clamps that some use

Really. The carp pipes hang out way to far. That is why folks are burning their pants or legs if wearing shorts:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I guess if you are just running from bar to bar the carps are a good deal. Pauls system tucks in a bit better than your commercial system. A lot to be said for the guys who really ride their bikes and want the best system for everyday riding and performance. Try to sell your crap to the suckers in California but us OKIES who ride want the best and most practical system will go the other way.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Place that in your pipe and smoke it.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Really. The carp pipes hang out way to far. That is why folks are burning their pants or legs if wearing shorts:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I guess if you are just running from bar to bar the carps are a good deal. Pauls system tucks in a bit better than your commercial system. A lot to be said for the guys who really ride their bikes and want the best system for everyday riding and performance. Try to sell your crap to the suckers in California but us OKIES who ride want the best and most practical system will go the other way.:whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Place that in your pipe and smoke it.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
****, that escalated quickly. Why don't you post a link or something like that?

All the pipes require heat shields The CARP pipes are designed for max power and are 2inch pipes and have a CNC machined manifold to produce max HP so heat shields are needed on all systems regardless of maker the springs are used on most race systems made for sport bikes and if you dont like them you can use aircraft style exhaust clamps that some use
With that being said, what is your suggestion for heat shields for your system?

Hello Sonny, yes they are coming up :thumbsup:

IMG_0378.JPG

Back