Carpenter baffles-again

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
I am about to order the Carpenter sidewinder headers. I read somewhere here that Brock's Performance has a baffle that will work with his muffler. I contacted Brock's and was told a lot of people use their 20" pipe baffle with the Carp muffler. It is available to order and costs $145. Good news is you can purchase an additional noise reducer plug (NRP) to lower the DBs for long rides or group rides. Bad news is the baffle is a 2.25" ID (I think) which may reduce your top end power, again good news, might give you back a little more torque on the bottom end. There is an excellent video on U-tube showing the 20" baffle with and without the noise reducer- "Max_Warrior's Brock's Short Meg with and without a NRP on a 2009 VMax Gen 2". It's a nice sounding muffler and may even sound more aggressive with the longer Carp muffler. Anybody using it?

Last edited:
I am about to order the Carpenter sidewinder headers. I read somewhere here that Brock's Performance has a baffle that will work with his muffler. I contacted Brock's and was told a lot of people use their 20" pipe baffle with the Carp muffler. It is available to order and coasts $145. Good news is you can purchase an additional noise reducer plug (NRP) to lower the DBs for long rides or group rides. Bad news is the baffle is a 2.25" ID (I think) which may reduce your top end power, again good news, might give you back a little more torque on the bottom end. There is an excellent video on U-tube showing the 20" baffle with and without the noise reducer- "Max_Warrior's Brock's Short Meg with and without a NRP on a 2009 VMax Gen 2". It's a nice sounding muffler and may even sound more aggressive with the longer Carp muffler. Anybody using it?
iF YOU USE THE BAFFLE you wont need the noise reducer it sounds sweet and wont bother you cruising all day youll love the sound BUT I dont use a baffle and it sounds great and doesnt bother me on long rides I love the sound so to each his own

iF YOU USE THE BAFFLE you wont need the noise reducer it sounds sweet and wont bother you cruising all day youll love the sound BUT I dont use a baffle and it sounds great and doesnt bother me on long rides I love the sound so to each his own
Hey Art,
Is that the baffle recommended by Carp for best performance/sound, or do you guys have your own baffle for your system?

Back