Carcinoma Don't you just love getting old...

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
Having spent a lot of almost 72 years in the sun, it is time for payback. A few years back I lost the tip of my ear and yesterday I had a good size chunk of meat removed from middle back for the same type of skin cancer. I fully comprehend it could be a hell of a lot worst when the big "C" is mentioned and happy they were able to remove the barnacles in a timely matter. My only dilemma is two full weeks of doing nothing strenuous and lifting nothing over five pounds until the outer stiches are removed. I have no idea how I am going to be able to take a leak.............

When I told my Wife that, it resulted in uncontrollable laughter for an extended period of time......

Having spent a lot of almost 72 years in the sun, it is time for payback. A few years back I lost the tip of my ear and yesterday I had a good size chunk of meat removed from middle back for the same type of skin cancer. I fully comprehend it could be a hell of a lot worst when the big "C" is mentioned and happy they were able to remove the barnacles in a timely matter. My only dilemma is two full weeks of doing nothing strenuous and lifting nothing over five pounds until the outer stiches are removed. I have no idea how I am going to be able to take a leak.............

When I told my Wife that, it resulted in uncontrollable laughter for an extended period of time......
Rookie! Don't want to brag, but thus far have had 4 melanomas, 16 squamous cell carcinomas, 24 basal cell carcinomas, and numerous pre -cancers removed. Been cut, scrapped, burnt, electrocuted, frozen, grafted, had lymph nods removed, and even endured 15 months of immunotherapy through a port. Every three months full skin exam and MRI, CT, and blood work up every six months. Good news no stage 4 yet. So everyone please check your skin (use the ABCDE acronym) for ANY abnormal growths often and if anything found, see your dermatologist immediately! Oh, and if you ever get cancer go to MD Anderson in Houston, TX. They are the number on cancer hospital in US and probably in the world. Now back to motorcycles.

Rookie! Don't want to brag, but thus far have had 4 melanomas, 16 squamous cell carcinomas, 24 basal cell carcinomas, and numerous pre -cancers removed. Been cut, scrapped, burnt, electrocuted, frozen, grafted, had lymph nods removed, and even endured 15 months of immunotherapy through a port. Every three months full skin exam and MRI, CT, and blood work up every six months. Good news no stage 4 yet. So everyone please check your skin (use the ABCDE acronym) for ANY abnormal growths often and if anything found, see your dermatologist immediately! Oh, and if you ever get
****, rookie is right. Somehow the below scene comes to mind. Have a great Holiday weekend all.....

I lost a piece of my ear for the same reason. Which is a real shame because I have beautiful ears.
I could turn that into another Furphy Beer advert! ;) :cool:
You, now all post-Adonis, sitting on a bar stool telling all and sundry how your ear got mangled, as we cut to a reminiscent flashbacks of your many adoring femme fatales nibbling your beautiful ear so passionately over the years.;):roll::roll::roll:

For those outside of Australia, a “Furphy” [fur-fee] is an Australian slang expression for a rumour or tall tale, often exaggerated and shared.

In Aussie Rules football we have an Oval field and four vertical goal posts at each end. The two inner posts are taller and a 'goal' is when the ball passes between the two taller middle posts for 6 points and a 'behind' for 1 point is where the ball passes through either side between a tall and the smaller outer posts.

Last edited:
Back