albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
been looking the web for a while and never saw the stripes I want , maybe somebody came across the model I am looking for carbon weave very dark green or BRG let me know if it exist

Duke,
You mean a colored carbon pattern made from vinyl to replace your stripes? If so I know Avery makes some colored Twill pattern vinyl.

Like this?:

Green Carbon Fiber 3D Vinyl

If you mean actual carbonfiber for composite work that is green... there is no such animal. All colored "carbon fiber" for composites is a carbon/fiberglass or carbon/kevlar blend where the glass/kevlar is dyed, then sold as colored carbon fiber.

Depending how much you want to spend...
You could re-stripe in normal carbon or white carbon vinyl, and have it masked and cleared in a tinted clear coat or candy to give the color you seek.

Last edited:
Duke,
You mean a colored carbon pattern made from vinyl to replace your stripes? If so I know Avery makes some colored Twill pattern vinyl.

Like this?:

Green Carbon Fiber 3D Vinyl

If you mean actual carbonfiber for composite work that is green... there is no such animal. All colored "carbon fiber" for composites is a carbon/fiberglass or carbon/kevlar blend where the glass/kevlar is dyed, then sold as colored carbon fiber.

Depending how much you want to spend...
You could re-stripe in normal carbon or white carbon vinyl, and have it masked and cleared in a tinted clear coat or candy to give the color you seek.
seen this one not dark enough I want something that sort of blend with the matte black rather than stand out .. probably a pipe dream I guess.

not dark enough but i will contact them see if some colored clear can be applied to darken the color thanks all of you guys for helping..

I'm sure you know this but, if you apply a tinted clear to the stripes to darken them, it will have to be done after they have been laid on the tins.
That being said, a green tinted clear will be greatly affected by the base color of the stripe used. So if you use a black carbon stripe, the green will be very, very dark. Almost to the point that you may not be able to tell it's green. If that's not the effect you desire you will want to use a medium green, medium grey, medium gold as the base stripe color. Also the more coats of clear applied, the darker the color will become.
With that much build up of stripe & clear there will be a very pronounced hard edge line & the only way to get rid of that would be to re-clear coat the entire panel (stripes & all) with multiple coats of clear, letting each coat dry enough to sand edges between coats to "bury" the stripes.
Just wanted to make sure you knew this before spending $$$$$ ;)

I'm sure you know this but, if you apply a tinted clear to the stripes to darken them, it will have to be done after they have been laid on the tins.
That being said, a green tinted clear will be greatly affected by the base color of the stripe used. So if you use a black carbon stripe, the green will be very, very dark. Almost to the point that you may not be able to tell it's green. If that's not the effect you desire you will want to use a medium green, medium grey, medium gold as the base stripe color. Also the more coats of clear applied, the darker the color will become.
With that much build up of stripe & clear there will be a very pronounced hard edge line & the only way to get rid of that would be to re-clear coat the entire panel (stripes & all) with multiple coats of clear, letting each coat dry enough to sand edges between coats to "bury" the stripes.
Just wanted to make sure you knew this before spending $$$$$ ;)
Hummmm!! if I leave the old stripes on and add the new one on top I may just have too much of an edge on each side , removing the old white stripes seems rather difficult .. never done any spraying before I may just pass not wanting to screw up

Back