Carbon fiber bearclaw

spaceman

.040 Over
Anyone try to put carbon fiber over their bearclaw? This mod is purely cosmetic.

I've seen people do this for interior car trim.

Seems pretty straightforward.

bearclaw

here is the mod i just did to mine just waiting on the black edge trim i orderd to finish her off and my pre filter covers

Attachments

• bearclawmod 2.jpg
    bearclawmod 2.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 283
I'm likin that alot Mitch, what did you use to cut it? Did you use a pattern or just draw out on the bear claw what you wanted? I'm trying to get up the nerve to do it.

bear claw

I'm likin that alot Mitch, what did you use to cut it? Did you use a pattern or just draw out on the bear claw what you wanted? I'm trying to get up the nerve to do it.
i just measurd the filters to figure out how much i wanted to expose then marked thet distance up from bottom edge on bearclaw where the three domed bits r .
then i got some cardboard and traced around the exact shape at the bottom of one of the domed bits cut the shape out with the scissors and used it as a template at the spots i had marked .
joined them up freehand and cut the claw with tinsnips and cleaned the edge up with some grinding - sanding stones on my drill.
i also have some black edge trime coming that i purchased on ebay to dress it up a little.
i am currently using the K&N RU-2780 filters and if u turn them on a 45deg angle to the right the line up nicley with the claws. also just be careful not to cut away any of the part that covers your coolent overflow.

hope this helps
just remember if u get it wrong u can always get a new one

regards mitch :cool:

Last edited:
i just measurd the filters to figure out how much i wanted to expose then marked thet distance up from bottom edge on bearclaw where the three domed bits r .
then i got some cardboard and traced around the exact shape at the bottom of one of the domed bits cut the shape out with the scissors and used it as a template at the spots i had marked .
joined them up freehand and cut the claw with tinsnips and cleaned the edge up with some grinding - sanding stones on my drill.
i also have some black edge trime coming that i purchased on ebay to dress it up a little.
i am currently using the K&N RU-2780 filters and if u turn them on a 45deg angle to the right the line up nicley with the claws. also just be careful not to cut away any of the part that covers your coolent overflow.

hope this helps
just remember if u get it wrong u can always get a new one

regards mitch :cool:

I was looking at your mastery earlier, before this thread was posted. I like how you made these cuts. The Carbon fiber job from Aerolite will set one back $365 for the half claw, $380 for the full!! I do have two chrome claws...one with a big scratch in the middle (the old one obviously). Perhaps the cuts might eliminate the blemish and, if not, I still have the other perfect chrome job. :D I might just try to replicate your artistry.:rolleyes:

Back