Capt. C's second set of dyno runs

CaptainCaeruleus

Supercharged
Went to Rev & Roll in Cumberland, MD yesterday to help out Triumph of Windber with their display. Robs Dyno of MA was also there.

htp://www.robsdyno.com

He had a DynoJet 250i. He also supports Tuneboy as well as the PCIII... If I would have known, I would have brought my Laptop and key and done a full custom Tuneboy map for my bike. I recently switched from 1fstHombre to Wayne's 20145_1 for testing purposes and to add fuel to minimize decel popping as I did with 1fstHombre. So I did three pulls. Here is the SAE Chart:

DynoRobsSAE.jpg

Here is the same chart rescaled for DIN:

DynoRobsDin.jpg

What is amazing is that I pulled about 158HP SAE and 164TQ. This is about 12 HP more than the 1fstHombre tune and if I am not mistaken, about 5HP more than Wayne's chart when he created 20145_1. My bike has Jars and a just cleaned set of Uni filters. No other performance mods.. Could be the difference in Dyno thing or perhaps he was one of those guys that calibrated his system liberally to boost the egos of the Hardley folks there... Just wasn't expecting that big of a swing from 1fstHombre and I certainly didn't expect to peak higher than the person who created the tune!!!! Seat of the pants said the 20145_1 was a little faster than 1fstHombre (on my bike at least) before I went on the dyno. Air/Fuel chart also says I am running a little lean in the midrange.. Will fix that when I do a full custom map in the near future... Here is the previous run with the 1fstHombre tune for reference:

dyno.jpg

As I side note, here are some pics of a babe from Biker Beauties Magazine (http://www.bikerbeauties.com) who was near our Triumph display. Please excuse the crummy Cell Phone pics:

dsc00014.jpg

dsc00016.jpg

Mike...

G-Man said:
Hey Mike,
How is that TuneBoy Map I e-mailed you to eliminate decel popping working out for you.
I backed the fuel trim @ 0, 1 and 2% TP down a little from the map I sent you. Try it.
I agree with you.
Wayne's Jardine Map with just some slight tweaking is running VERY Well for me.
It's a great match for my air induction system.
Perfect idle EVERYTIME NOW!!!.
Hard throttle dump engine braking yields some very minor and insignificant gurgling...like a contented baby!!.
Not a pop to be heard!!!
On a side note...my fuel mileage has actually increased at the same time I am enjoying outstanding performance.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!
It only took three years but finally Got'-er Done.

Gary

Gary,

Sorry I didn't get back to you with results from your tune earlier... Out of town last week and slipped my mind... I tried the tune you sent me and it eliminated the decel popping completely with the Jars.... Good job!!! However, I seemed to suffer a 10-15% power decrease (seat of pants dyno!) throughout the whole RPM range. My bike also developed a hesitation when I dumped the throttle (for example to engine break when coming into a curve) and then opened it up to power out of the curve... When opening the throttle back up from the closed position, I got the fairly serious engine hesitation... Thought it was going to stall for a moment. Can't explain this... Tested the tune on a 60 mile run through the mountains here. I then put the stock 20145_1 from Wayne back into the bike... Any ideas as to what I may have been experiencing???

Thanks again,

Mike...

Back