Cap at the fuel tank

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I've never seen a socket like the one with the cap on it near the left side of the tank. I have a garmin gps with a lighter plug that needs the receptacle socket for it to work. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor that can go into that socket on the bike so I could plug my garmin into it? I assume it is wired to the battery. I did not see in the manual this socket. This is what I found searching and wonder if this is what would work..

I've never seen a socket like the one with the cap on it near the left side of the tank. I have a garmin gps with a lighter plug that needs the receptacle socket for it to work. Does anyone know if there is an adaptor that can go into that socket on the bike so I could plug my garmin into it? I assume it is wired to the battery. I did not see in the manual this socket. This is what I found searching and wonder if this is what would work..

You probably need something like this . I imagine the socket you are looking at is a DIN plug. it's a European thing.

bob

Anyone know if you can charge the battery using this Nella DIN socket? I've still got my BMW battery charger which has the Nella DIN plug on it.

The Hella socket behind the front sheild is only powered when the bike is turned on.

There is an accessory socket as an option (again Hella) that is permanently live, which by it's very nature would allow you to use a battery optimiser with a hella plug. both the accessory socket and the optimizer to hella plug adapter lead are available on the triumph configurator

You probably need something like this . I imagine the socket you are looking at is a DIN plug. it's a European thing.

bob
The plug that goes into the bike is the same as the one I posted I think. I like the less wire choice, but I really don't like the one I posted either, too bulky. Looking for that clean almost not noticeable look. Thanks Bob.

Back