Can't ride for a while !

Binnsy

Supercharged
Had an operation on my neck last week, neck now looks like ET's ?:(

So swollen and sore there is no chance of getting my helmet on, not happy. Easter weekend coming soon and I can't ride ! aaaarrrgghh! 5 days of free time and NO RIDING !!!

Will be better soon and back on the bike I hope ...? maybe I can sleep through the whole weekend? :rolleyes:

Doc switched my pain meds for my little neck injury .... from Morphine to Fentanyl patch and from Oxycodone to Dilaudid. My tolerances were so high that dope didn't help and the switch made a big difference (for now).
I sure hope your surgery helps more than mine did (nothing), can certainly relate to the misery. Delaware does not have a helmet law and I don't wear one when the pain is bad, that extra weight and buffeting from the wind feels awful. The oversize windscreen might be "old-man-ish", but it helped a bunch.
Get your couch time and snooze while you have an excuse, you'll be back to the grind soon enough. Feel better. :(

Get plenty of rest....buy one of those gaming consoles and whip some snotty kids ass at COD Black Ops while your laid up!!! :D It will definetely make you feel better when some kid on the other end of the world is crying cause you keep laying him out in an online game! :eek: Well in theory anyways! LOL Get well soon!

mutt:rolleyes:

I feel your pain brother. It has been 6 wks last Thursday since my neck surgery. 4 hrs of surgery, 3 hrs recovery and 7 days in the hospital. They went in last November from the front and now they went in from the front and the back on this one. I don't mind telling you that this last one has kicked my ass. I guess the good thing is that it knocked 30 lbs off me. LOL.
It has been since last summer since I have done any riding at all and I am chomping at the bit to get back out there and start smashing some bugs.
Hang in there brother, it won't be long and you will be back it. I can't wait till I get released to go back to work and to start riding again myself.

Big T

Here it is, the fourth surgery for this problem if you count the surgical removal of my teeth! as the first step?

Had 20 staples out so far, more out on Thursday.

Really miffed about the swelling and numb shoulder which is a side effect! I was warned.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 70
I feel your pain brother. It has been 6 wks last Thursday since my neck surgery. 4 hrs of surgery, 3 hrs recovery and 7 days in the hospital. They went in last November from the front and now they went in from the front and the back on this one. I don't mind telling you that this last one has kicked my ass. I guess the good thing is that it knocked 30 lbs off me. LOL.
It has been since last summer since I have done any riding at all and I am chomping at the bit to get back out there and start smashing some bugs.
Hang in there brother, it won't be long and you will be back it. I can't wait till I get released to go back to work and to start riding again myself.

Big T

Sounds like you've been having some bad days too? hope you come good mate..:eek:

:eek:**** Binnsy thats a serious amount of stitching gone into that mucker , you only get 14 stitches in a sack of potatoes :D. Hope you get back on your feet soon as.Regards Hooky

Back