Can't read the oil dip stick

Mr G

The Caretaker
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi all ,
Checking the oil of my new r3r and cant read the level on the silver dipstick I can only lay it on some tissue to see roughly where it is . Is it the same for you all ?

That's not uncommon with fresh oil; depending on the light. I have the same issue with my cages as well.
-MIG

Hi all ,
Checking the oil of my new r3r and cant read the level on the silver dipstick I can only lay it on some tissue to see roughly where it is . Is it the same for you all ?
Yes there is just two grooved lines in it. As long as the oil is between them your good. If you performing a oil and filter change just add 4.5 quarts fire her up for oh 30 seconds or so shut her down and put 1.5 quarts in her and your ready to roll. If your just checking the oil stand the bike up right first the fire it up for oh a minute so all the oil down in the sump gets pumped back into the tank. Then shut her down and check while upright. Hope this helps.

I've had to use a piece of paper towel after pulling the stick. I slide it down slowly and when it gets to the oil line it will pull into the towel. Less than ideal, but works.

Motul (red or green) shows up better than Mobil 1.

Back