kingmerle

child of the king
Ride
08 R3T
I need your help with my hearing problem. I have a garmin gps with xm radio. I installed pemium speakers in my helmet but still I am not able to hear when I get much over 50 mph. I tried an inline amp which made it possible to hear but I know the high volume in making my hearing worse. Is there a way to be able to hear better without cranking it up or is my problem the kind of helmet I have. I have an HJC open face with a shield. I prefer not to go to a full face if possible but Ill do what I have to. I see all these people with helmet to helmet comunicators and for the life of me cant figure how they can understand each other.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

I have an HJC full face helmet with the Chatterbox bluetooth. I have no problem hearing the GPS or the MP3. I have a Garmin 665 and have XM radio. I am lucky to even hear the XM radio when I hae the motorcycle off. I got the XM subscription to have a break from the MP3 and also have the traffic and weather. I like the weather option, but the radio sucks. Going to cancel it.

I have an HJC full face helmet with the Chatterbox bluetooth. I have no problem hearing the GPS or the MP3. I have a Garmin 665 and have XM radio. I am lucky to even hear the XM radio when I hae the motorcycle off. I got the XM subscription to have a break from the MP3 and also have the traffic and weather. I like the weather option, but the radio sucks. Going to cancel it.
That's the same unit I have. When I first heard it through my helmet speakers I thought it was going to be plenty loud, but as my speed got up to aroiund 50 it started to fade. My only complaint with the XM is that or back country roads the trees block the signal till you get in the open.

can you hear surrounding noises with these' like traffic,horns etc.

Yes, assuming you're not blasting the music. I don't listen to music when I ride anymore, but when I did I only did it when out of city traffic. Assuming you do the same, you can hear plenty with them in, not to mention delay some hearing loss. Wish I'd started using them 30 years ago.

Custom in ears are the way to go. You don't need the music too loud and it blocks out the wind. A good pair with dual drivers will run you about $200.00-$250.00.

Custom in ears are the way to go. You don't need the music too loud and it blocks out the wind. A good pair with dual drivers will run you about $200.00-$250.00.

+1...This is what I use when riding with open face helmet. My Shark helmet has plenty loud enough speakers so don't need the molded ones when using it...and I also use a Garmin 665...and also agree that the XM sucks.

Back