Cant get it into neutral

With mine from 1st, it'll more often than not jump to 2nd but then back to N is fine.
Have you tried adjusting the clutch lever all the way out - maybe the clutch is dragging a little?

Take it to dealer. Mine is easy peazy.
when i phoned him he asked me to check my oil, i did that and it there was nothing on the dipstick! seems to be a common problem that a seal is missing and the oils going..somewhere! but he said not to put any more oil in as that would mean there is too much oil in it.. there's another thread on the forum about this problem. i don't know if this is the cause of not getting it into neutral or not but we will see

when i phoned him he asked me to check my oil, i did that and it there was nothing on the dipstick! seems to be a common problem that a seal is missing and the oils going..somewhere! but he said not to put any more oil in as that would mean there is too much oil in it.. there's another thread on the forum about this problem. i don't know if this is the cause of not getting it into neutral or not but we will see
Don"t put more oil in, when non on dip stick??! 2 dip sticks!!

Last edited:
i know if i hadn't seen the post on here i would have topped it up, i don't understand it either, the oils somewhere he says but it doesn't show up on the dipstick:unsure:

the oil might be somewhere ?
but it is not where it is suppose to be.
this is probably not what u want to here but if it was mine i would start it up on the stand let it run a minute and while running i would slowly add oil till it comes up to the full mark. this is NOT DEALER recommended.
it is possibly burning oil or it never was in there or u r checking wrong

can u set on bike and try to rock it backward then see if that helps for a while.

the oil might be somewhere ?
but it is not where it is suppose to be.
this is probably not what u want to here but if it was mine i would start it up on the stand let it run a minute and while running i would slowly add oil till it comes up to the full mark. this is NOT DEALER recommended.
it is possibly burning oil or it never was in there or u r checking wrong
i checked the oil as it says in the manual, I'm not touching it anymore! the dealer who is 80 miles from me is organizing collection, it sounds like they will have it for a couple of days as it's not a quick job to fix. i don't understand it either, engine sounds perfect, no smoke coming out the exhaust, when i asked why the oil warning light didn't come on he said it wouldn't as the oil is there just not on the dipstick.. go figure:unsure:

Back