Can't breathe!!!

Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hello Rocketeers.

Installed this custom radiator grill screen a few days ago.
I like how it looks but noticed the holes were a lot smaller in the grill
and the stainless Brit flag takes up a lot of breathing room.
My radiator fans seem
20200109_052008[1].jpg
to run more often with it installed.
Do any of you pilots have this grill and if so, does it affect the cooling
of the beast?
Could just be my imagination but it seems the fans are running more and longer.

I use the British Bulldog one , which to be honest , covers the radiator a tad more , with no problems . when the bike is idling , the fan will cut in and out and at various intervals . Just be happy your fan is cycling and thus doing it's job , leaving you to concentrate on getting some wind thru it ! :thumbsup:

51AD41E9-3DA3-4E54-A793-79BEE6861B7C.png
I think you’re good, I have a lot of coverage as the bull dog one does and no issues with overheating, have you changed fluid or hoses? If so don’t forget about bleed screw and filling till it runs out there.

Last edited:
As long as that’s a mesh screen that allows wind to actually get through the radiator you should be fined. In most climates. It’s when you go to the super hot areas like Florida and Arizona in the US or trying to cross the Sahara desert that you might run into an issue overheating. In those cases, you just ride faster :D

As long as that’s a mesh screen that allows wind to actually get through the radiator you should be fined. In most climates. It’s when you go to the super hot areas like Florida and Arizona in the US or trying to cross the Sahara desert that you might run into an issue overheating. In those cases, you just ride faster :D
I live in Houston so I'll have to ride faster!!!

51AD41E9-3DA3-4E54-A793-79BEE6861B7C.png
I think you’re good, I have a lot of coverage as the bull dog one does and no issues with overheating, have you changed fluid or hoses? If so don’t forget about bleed screw and filling till it runs out there.
Yes sir, changed to Engine Ice a few weeks ago, flushed it and let run out of bleed screw.
You fellow Rocketeers gave me the step by step instructions on the fluid change.
Someone mentioned hoses by Samco or such?

Are you anywhere near Ingatestone, Essex?
Been trying to order an xl fly screen from a guy there.

If you take the screen back off it might run a little cooler idling, but the fan running maintains the temps in band; as long as it starts and stops it's good.

Hello Rocketeers.

Installed this custom radiator grill screen a few days ago.
I like how it looks but noticed the holes were a lot smaller in the grill
and the stainless Brit flag takes up a lot of breathing room.
My radiator fans seem
20200109_052008[1].jpg
to run more often with it installed.
Do any of you pilots have this grill and if so, does it affect the cooling
of the beast?
Could just be my imagination but it seems the fans are running more and longer.

Just get creative and drill or cut out some of the mesh. It looks sooo kool but it's not worth a hotter Rocket, specially here in Houston. I'm in Clear Lake. Hey... does you bike throw a Blue warning light when you sit in traffic and the bike get real hot?

Back