Canadian Road Suggestions--Ontario to New Brunswick

HxNutMike

.040 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
Here's a winter project for our Canadian rocketeers--and any others who know some good roads up there--in Ontario, Quebec, or New Brunswick. Can you suggest some good twisties in any of those provinces, places to head to next summer? I've seen plenty of pictures of good looking roads in British Columbia, but that's too far to get to in a day from New England. Have done the the Gaspe Peninsula, Cabot Trail, PEI, and Nova Scotia, but am looking for something closer, like in the Toronto to Montreal corridor and north, if you know of something.

Thanks for any help you can give.

humm.... twisties in southwestern ontario..up to montreal ...can't think of any interesting bike roads but north of montreal you have the LAURENTIDES mountains maybe you can find something of interest there ,,

Go to a website called ridethehighlands.ca
They have a pretty good selection of roads,routes,show fuel,dealerships and accommodations on the maps. Pretty much all north of Peterborough to Ottawa. I would suggest going into Quebec around Ottawa,and touring to Montreal via Mont Tremblant ,St. Saveur area.

Excellent, guys,many thanks. Now I have some winter research.
Also, has anyone ridden from Montreal to Hudson Bay? Would it be doable on the R3 or better on an ADV bike?

There is also a nice ride along the south shore of the St Lawrence Seaway,from Quebec City to Rimouski and then to the Gaspe Peninsula, well worth the detour I think. The Eastern shore of New Brunswick is also very scenic taking in Miscou Island and Bouctouche.

I saw you did Gaspe and Cabot Trail. I did the Cabot Trail last summer,then went to meet a bunch of friends on the west coast of Newfoundland,Gros Morne area. Had I had KNOWN how beautiful and stunning it was,I would have bypassed everything, and went straight there.

You are right on the money there. Ride through Gros Morne and on to St Anthony. take in the viking settlement at Lanse au Meadow. View Ice burgs from the shore as you ride.

Back