Can you blow carburetor cleaner through the injectors

Wdugan9080

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
Hi all, I'm fairly newbie, I've seen guy's on YouTube disconnect the fuel pump fuse and rig up a carburetor cleaner can straw up to the fuel rail on car injectors and run the car until the can is empty to clean the injectors, is that okay to do?? Has anybody done it???
I just picked up a 08 R3T and it was running okay but just didn't seem like it had 100hp or 150ftlbs of torque, it has TOR's on it when I got it, I just replaced the airbox filter with a K&N airbox filter, recently I balanced the TB's and did the iscv adjustment sprayed TB cleaner on and in the TB's I also took the TB's loose to get behind them and retrieve a hex socket I lost behind there, and looked for miscellaneous bolts and stuff behind it you know avail. Put it all back together, and had a rough idle and seems to surge at steady higher RPM's sometimes, it's not really bad, just different, it stalled out sitting stopped twice in the past week. I sprayed carburetor cleaner all around the intake manifold and vacuum lines and no change, so I'm thinking I'll do another TB balance check and iscv adjustment and see how it runs, last Friday I installed a cat delete pipe, so I'll probably upload the 20367.hex map it already has the 20368.hex map for the TOR's.
It's not much louder, and I didn't want it too much louder, but it's a little throatier with the cat bypass, I'm just looking for more power, it doesn't seem like 100 HP or 150ft/lbs torque, I haven't dropped the clutch yet but I've nailed it from a stop and it didn't break the tire loose. I just thought a 2300cc would have a lot more power than my Old KZ 1000 that I no longer have and really just getting back into riding after about 36 years of not much.
I know the Touring model is tuned down, I really like the bike having a lot of fun with it and getting a lot of compliments, getting a lot of useful info here, I know you guys are really against the Metzelers but I got the radial V rated one's and haven't locked up the tires yet, I did twice on the Exedra Max radial that was on the back, and the manufacturer Bridgestone told me they don't make a tire for this bike, I was told by Triumph the only ones approved are the Avon Cobra Cromes and Metzeler ME888 marathon ultra, and I don't care how many miles I get out of a tire just that it gets good traction and control, I really like them so far, only have about 500 miles on them so!! Rock on!
I've been running into some discontinued part's, is there anything specific you all would suggest me trying to locate before they become a dinosaur!!😂👍👌 Windshield lock, disc rotor bolt's!! Gone forever, I got used bolts!!

Hi all, I'm fairly newbie, I've seen guy's on YouTube disconnect the fuel pump fuse and rig up a carburetor cleaner can straw up to the fuel rail on car injectors and run the car until the can is empty to clean the injectors, is that okay to do?? Has anybody done it???
I just picked up a 08 R3T and it was running okay but just didn't seem like it had 100hp or 150ftlbs of torque, it has TOR's on it when I got it, I just replaced the airbox filter with a K&N airbox filter, recently I balanced the TB's and did the iscv adjustment sprayed TB cleaner on and in the TB's I also took the TB's loose to get behind them and retrieve a hex socket I lost behind there, and looked for miscellaneous bolts and stuff behind it you know avail. Put it all back together, and had a rough idle and seems to surge at steady higher RPM's sometimes, it's not really bad, just different, it stalled out sitting stopped twice in the past week. I sprayed carburetor cleaner all around the intake manifold and vacuum lines and no change, so I'm thinking I'll do another TB balance check and iscv adjustment and see how it runs, last Friday I installed a cat delete pipe, so I'll probably upload the 20367.hex map it already has the 20368.hex map for the TOR's.
It's not much louder, and I didn't want it too much louder, but it's a little throatier with the cat bypass, I'm just looking for more power, it doesn't seem like 100 HP or 150ft/lbs torque, I haven't dropped the clutch yet but I've nailed it from a stop and it didn't break the tire loose. I just thought a 2300cc would have a lot more power than my Old KZ 1000 that I no longer have and really just getting back into riding after about 36 years of not much.
I know the Touring model is tuned down, I really like the bike having a lot of fun with it and getting a lot of compliments, getting a lot of useful info here, I know you guys are really against the Metzelers but I got the radial V rated one's and haven't locked up the tires yet, I did twice on the Exedra Max radial that was on the back, and the manufacturer Bridgestone told me they don't make a tire for this bike, I was told by Triumph the only ones approved are the Avon Cobra Cromes and Metzeler ME888 marathon ultra, and I don't care how many miles I get out of a tire just that it gets good traction and control, I really like them so far, only have about 500 miles on them so!! Rock on!
I've been running into some discontinued part's, is there anything specific you all would suggest me trying to locate before they become a dinosaur!!😂👍👌 Windshield lock, disc rotor bolt's!! Gone forever, I got used bolts!!
I take the injectors out & use an injector cleaner tool that sits on top of can & clips go on to a battery top open injectors, push down on can for 5 seconds & job done. Cheap to buy on wish.
You can buy titanium bolts for your rotors, bought mine from England.

I take the injectors out & use an injector cleaner tool that sits on top of can & clips go on to a battery top open injectors, push down on can for 5 seconds & job done. Cheap to buy on wish.
You can buy titanium bolts for your rotors, bought mine from England.
Cool next time I'm in England I'll pick a few up 🙂😁 I looked all over online and they didn't show up, good day lad thanks, I'll look for a tool but sounds easier just connecting up to the rail and doing them all, everytime I mess around the TB's I drop something behind them and can't get it out, I'm getting smarter and stuffing rags in between them. Thanks for your quick reply though brother 😉

Cool next time I'm in England I'll pick a few up 🙂😁 I looked all over online and they didn't show up, good day lad thanks, I'll look for a tool but sounds easier just connecting up to the rail and doing them all, everytime I mess around the TB's I drop something behind them and can't get it out, I'm getting smarter and stuffing rags in between them. Thanks for your quick reply though brother 😉
They on ebay too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811-135623_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210811-135623_eBay.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 23
They on ebay too
10x Triumph Rocket 3 2004-2017 Bronze Titanium Front Disc Rotor Bolts Threadlock | eBay Thanks I guess I didn't do a search on eBay, can get it cheaper yet from China but I'd rather get from UK Thanks, I already got used one's on the way and I won't have to replace them all cause they will match, but titanium sounds good, 1/2 the weight and 10x stronger than regular steel. I'm on 5 bolt's in the rear out of six now, so I'll be putting that baby in right away. TY ☺️

Surging is indicative of throttle bodies out of sync. After all that groping around the TB's you might need to re-sync. Also wouldn't hurt to find a dyno-tuner in your area and have them do some tuning to get your TQ and HP numbers where you want them.

Surging is indicative of throttle bodies out of sync. After all that groping around the TB's you might need to re-sync. Also wouldn't hurt to find a dyno-tuner in your area and have them do some tuning to get your TQ and HP numbers where you want them.
Like to do what I can before going that route, I was going to check everything out in tuneECU next when I have time, but I think it's a problem with the adjustment on the stepper motor, I just adjusted both and I think the TB's wouldn't change, is there an adjustment on the secondaries, I think there's a way in tuneECU I can keep them open and I should get a lot more power out of it??? Not in a rush though, I have a little body work to do, a little dent the size of a dime in the front fender, just received the color-rite paint and clear today, I know if I don't like the way it turns out I can have a professional do it so I'm not worried, would just hate to cause a problem that is more expensive to straighten out, just fishing for answers from people that have been there and done that, and I'm just an old dog that likes to learn new tricks but thanks 😊 have a great day 👍

Last edited:
Did a TB balance and ISCV adjustment, I think it was the adjustment on the stepper motor, I loaded the Nell tune for Touring model from tuneECU site, idles good now, decel pop almost gone, does it occasionally, and once in a while I get a backfire from the TB's, I think I have to check clean and tighten the primary connections on the coils, and hopefully I have time while the tank is up to do a compression test.
Got a great right angle bit wrench from harbor freight probably about $4.
I started the body work on the front fender got the dent out but the brush on touch-up paint isn't working too good, going to get an airbrush and try that, didn't take any photos yet!!!
Oh and I put a Allen 5mm ss x 10mm bolt and SS flat and lock washers you can't get the old one's off, in TPS a lot better. I got the 6.01v not easy👍👌☺️😁 Good day

Attachments

• IMG_20210816_133559.jpg
    IMG_20210816_133559.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Did a TB balance and ISCV adjustment, I think it was the adjustment on the stepper motor, I loaded the Nell tune for Touring model from tuneECU site, idles good now, decel pop almost gone, does it occasionally, and once in a while I get a backfire from the TB's, I think I have to check clean and tighten the primary connections on the coils, and hopefully I have time while the tank is up to do a compression test.
Got a great right angle bit wrench from harbor freight probably about $4.
I started the body work on the front fender got the dent out but the brush on touch-up paint isn't working too good, going to get an airbrush and try that, didn't take any photos yet!!!
Oh and I put a Allen 5mm ss x 10mm bolt in TPS a lot better. 👍👌☺️😁 Good day
You should be able to eliminate any decel pop by fattening the 3 L tables (last 6% of throttle control) by about 15% at the bottom of the tables. Just a thought. Good luck.

You should be able to eliminate any decel pop by fattening the 3 L tables (last 6% of throttle control) by about 15% at the bottom of the tables. Just a thought. Good luck.
I'm not up on making adjustments, I didn't get that far into it and don't think I want to, I just wanted to get it close and then I'll find someone close who can fine tune it, but with the secondaries open 100% almost all the time now I think that made a big difference too, but it makes a different sound now I don't know if it's normal, but it sounds like air blowing somewhere but sounds like it's coming from the TB's so I'm not too worried about it, at first I looked around the head gasket. Once I get the compression test done I'll hopefully be more comfortable that everything is okay.
Definitely a lot more power and running good, so thanks Nell and Bob for posting the MAP, can't wait to see what the gas mileage is though, the gauges are a little wonky and the computer range, I think because I had the instruments disconnected that contributed, but I started out like 3/4 of a tank and went about 5 miles and I was on a 1/4 tank and showing 43 miles left, so I started looking down for a fuel leak 😁😂, didn't see anything, gased up, continued to where I was going about 5 miles and about 10 miles home I forget what exactly the range said but it started at like 180 full and dropped a lot more than the 15 I went, the gauge was still up so hopefully I don't have to disconnect the gauges again or take note of the trip meter and figure out the milage on the next fill, it would be nice to get at least 180 miles per tank, I don't really care about the mpg just a long range per tank, don't want to stop every hour, with the 20368 hex I was getting 30 mpg, so this is going to be interesting, it seems like it's going down faster 😁☺️😂😪, I just want to get done with all I'm going to do to it before I get it adjusted on a Dyno, like clean injectors, and replace the plugs, and clean and crimp the primary connections on the coils, and when I was adjusting the TB's I sprayed some contact cleaner in the TPS and lubed everything up a little more.
But it hasn't burned any oil yet, still at the mark in the oil tank and it's not smoking so I'm pretty sure the compression will be okay, that doesn't say much about the valves, but the compression test will if they are too tight, there's no tap so I think they are okay, they don't normally get tighter as they wear I don't think 🤔 I just like to see what the compression is, if it is ready for a long ride over 1,000 miles, but it's very comfortable for me, got a saddle seat and it doesn't vibrate at all, the Metzelers feel good and I'm getting used to the weight, wouldn't want to go 2 up with over 150lbs extra😁☺️😂
I just got like over $4,000 dollars worth of parts if they were new, like $350 used, main thing extra TB's and injectors and all that goes with it for $150 complete, all the rotors with the bolts that are discontinued, that's what I originally went there for, I'm in love with pinwallcycle, after I bought them a guy posted here sorry I forget who!! You know who you are!! Told me you can get them on eBay titanium one's I think about $50 for 10 delivered, wire's for the starter and battery, stand switch, I already have an extra speed sensor, 3 map sensors, fall sensor, still looking for a crankshaft sensor cheap, I haven't found any at all!! I don't think there's a cam sensor is there? Am I missing any?? Any discontinued part's you can think of I may want to look for, like the windscreen lock 😭 the rotor I got for the rear is from a roadster 08, looks a little different but I think it's the same size, I hope it fits or I'll be selling a rotor in the future, hopefully I won't need one, it was only like $40 I saw the right one after I bought it 🤔😭😂
Well have a good day, enjoy the Ride ☺️😁👌👍🌹

Back