Can not believe it

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Took a few days off to get the Rocket ready for the new pipes. Adjusted a lot of stuff and switch out to some new tires. Got the Scorcher II mounted and brought her on home. Took a air check and figure out 32 PSI was wrong. So went ahead and did a balance check. Not even close. The old weights were still attached,. Paid $45.00 dollars for what? Come now Honda of Tulsa. Your a ****ing joke. Tired of the bull****. Since buying a quality Wheel balance unit have not been impressed with the work done by the so called professional. My god how hard is it? We all have had cupping problems and kind of figure out why. These shops are stealing us blind.Have not had a problem with cupping on any recent brand of tire since doing my own balance. Have pics and video of rim before and after visit to HONDA OF TULSA. Have picks of air pressure and how badly they screwed up the balancing. Now they can talk to my Lawyer. KISS MY ASS HONDA OF TULSA.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR HOW I REALLY FEEL. THEY WILL. SEE YOU ALL IN COURT ROOM>

Last edited:
Just as the old saying goes ,
If you want a job done right ? Do it yourself !
It's a strange irony . You guys build motorcycles that are bulletproof but from what I read , your main dealer servicing and spannering leaves a lot to be desired !
Whereas here , we seem to have shoddy technicians on the assembly line , but generally superb service and know how from the main dealers ! :thumbsdown:

These shops are becoming such a huge problem all over the country!

They either intentionally screw you however they can or hire some 16 year old kid to do mechanical work all while charging $125 per hour labor!

The Harley dealer by my house (who also sells triumph) charges 70 bucks a tire for mount and balance!!!!

Then they blame the economy when they go out of business!

I have always been more likely to search for & find "a bloke in a shed" somewhere. Actually a lot of them - each one specializing in one thing.
I agree !
I can't / won't pay dealer prices so would eventually blunder thru any work needed myself . That said , a close friend is a local triumph factory trained technician so always on hand for cheap parts and advice . And then of course there are you guys , who collectively can instil the confidence in any one to tackle anything rocket related ! :)
I do know a few r3 owners here locally tho who use nothing but the main dealers for all their work and none of them have ever had a bad word to say ! :cool:

I used to, for example, ride to Totnes to get my brake hoses done. Goodrich custom made by Goodrich at offtheshelf prices. Always fitted perfectly - never an issue. And a couple of good pints of Cider for lunch.

I used to, for example, ride to Totnes to get my brake hoses done. Goodrich custom made by Goodrich at offtheshelf prices. Always fitted perfectly - never an issue. And a couple of good pints of Cider for lunch.
Ah Totnes ! An alternative land inhabited by alternative people . These days more than ever ! Goodridge since moved I don't know where ? But Hel is but a stone throw away from me !

Took a few days off to get the Rocket ready for the new pipes. Adjusted a lot of stuff and switch out to some new tires. Got the Scorcher II mounted and brought her on home. Took a air check and figure out 32 PSI was wrong. So went ahead and did a balance check. Not even close. The old weights were still attached,. Paid $45.00 dollars for what? Come now Honda of Tulsa. Your a ****ing joke. Tired of the bull****. Since buying a quality Wheel balance unit have not been impressed with the work done by the so called professional. My god how hard is it? We all have had cupping problems and kind of figure out why. These shops are stealing us blind.Have not had a problem with cupping on any recent brand of tire since doing my own balance. Have pics and video of rim before and after visit to HONDA OF TULSA. Have picks of air pressure and how badly they screwed up the balancing. Now they can talk to my Lawyer. KISS MY ASS HONDA OF TULSA.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR HOW I REALLY FEEL. THEY WILL. SEE YOU ALL IN COURT ROOM>

Snickers?;):p:D

I took my privately bought rear Exedra tyre to my local dealer and they removed the wheel, lubed the splines, fitted and replaced for US$34 including 10% GST :D

The world still smiles on some of us! :D:roll::roll::roll:

Back