Cam shaft questions?

2012cliff

Supercharged
Ride
2008 tour
It is time for valves to be checked for clearances. My questions are 1) should I be considering getting some cam shaft mods done? 2) what are my options? 3) what do I need to adjust the valves myself? Thanks

It is time for valves to be checked for clearances. My questions are 1) should I be considering getting some cam shaft mods done? 2) what are my options? 3) what do I need to adjust the valves myself? Thanks
Check the manual to see if you are comfortable with doing the job @idk has a downloadable manual in his signature. Checking the valves is checking clearances and replacing shims as needed. Replacing the cams involves taking off the cam ladder (I'm not sure if that is the right term). Each cam ladder is machined with each individual head so if you break it chances are you will have to buy an entire head with ladder to replace it. Lining up the timing chain has presented a challenge for some as well. I understand that some members have made their own tool for replacing shims and for lining up the cams properly.

I have 60k klms on mine and never had them checked , i dont rev the ring-gear out of it either.

i have 38000 and never checked.
of coarse i think i would be fairly easy to check and then decide.

Thanks, guys. Not sure but I am keeping my eyes open for a wrecked bike with the carpenter upgrades. You never know where you might find one.

IF U FIND ONE U CAN STORE IT AT MY HOUSE FOR THE WINTER (sorry caps) and come down and ride it anytime.:D:D

Back