Cam Jig Tool - Need?

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
Hey fellas, I just pulled a valve shim and see that the manual (p 3.18) requires a Cam Jig Tool (#T3880202) for reassembly. I've pulled the cams on a Bonneville and Thunderbird Sport years back and was able to lock the cams in with a simple bolt, but apparently the Rocket is a little more complex.

I found one discussion that provided the dimensions of the jig here.....
camshaft locking tool dimensions
but fabricating that is beyond my ability.

The bike is my primary means of transportation. Bike Bandit has it for $82, but it wouldn't even ship until mid-June. Does anyone have one of these jewels they could loan or rent out, or is there another way to pull this off without the blasted tool?

Many thanks in advance...

The tool looks like this.

20180527_102006.jpg

@Joesmoe has my cam tool you guys should get together maybe he can ship it to ya when he is done. I'd call Hermy's Triumph or baxters . Ive also seen local triumph dealers laon/rent to good customers. If you was in norfolk id probably be able to borrow one. I'll drop by ans see if my friend has more then one. He used to be a dealer i know he has one but who knows he might have aquired more then one.

@Joesmoe has my cam tool you guys should get together maybe he can ship it to ya when he is done. I'd call Hermy's Triumph or baxters . Ive also seen local triumph dealers laon/rent to good customers. If you was in norfolk id probably be able to borrow one. I'll drop by ans see if my friend has more then one. He used to be a dealer i know he has one but who knows he might have aquired more then one.

Thanks- If anyone has one to lend I will just need it one day and will ship it back pronto- I'm picking up my shim this afternoon.

Only reason I haven't returned the tool yet is a doomsday scenario where something isn't right and I have to get back into the head.

I don't know what that would be, and can ship the tool.

Back