Cam cover, Rad fluid, Fan - Oh My

Superfly

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster, 2011 Husky TE630 enduro, 2006 BMW HP2 Enduro
Succinctly,

Had the cam cover problem. Replaced by dealer under warranty. Thx for the advice fellas.

Got it back, ran it to work the next day, once through downtown traffic into garage the temp light came on, and when I parked it a minute later the rad fluid poured from the reserve bottle and under the bike. Reading threads here - the assumption is they overfilled it and dealer agreed and apologized.

Fan stopped working. Any thoughts on if this is related and resolution without having to return to the dealer?

Just the fact that they can not fill a reservoir correctly would make me wonder. I would look for a loose wire connection or possible one that is not connected.

Just the fact that they can not fill a reservoir correctly would make me wonder. I would look for a loose wire connection or possible one that is not connected.

Sonny. You do not know how right you are. Picked up my second bike (different make), this week, and they mucked that up as well. Time to move on.

Filling the rads on these bikes is not a 5 min pour and go affair...they must be filled a bit at a time and ran up to operating temp to fully bleed the system after the stat has fully opened...done properly it can be a messy job as the coolant rises and pours over the rad with the cap off. Iff its not bled right from the start you run the risk of the fan thermo switch not being in coolant and not switching the fan.;)

Back