Jvheli

Nitrous
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster
So, ive read whats on this site regarding this heap of engineering horsesh#t. And my local dealer stocks them, that says a bunch! Anyone have a foolproof way to get some life out this? The design just looks like, I cant wait to jump out of place!
20180710_203128.jpg

Just curious, you running stock air filter?

My stock gasket did the same at around 28000km. Replaced and the second one is bulging but not leaking.

I do wonder what the underlying cause is. Have you guys that have had issues checked the head and cam cover with a straight edge to ensure no imperfections?

I know loads of captains have had the issue more than once whilst others haven't suffered at all.

The bolt is off center in the gasket hole. Bet you pull her up and its pinched there. Forces a shift in the gasket. Seen this last week on a 2014. Removed cam cover cleaned gasket especially where the half moon segments front and back apllied new permates on the segments only put cover on correctly and torque. Mind you it would have been easier if the throttle bodies were off. But hey done it enough that its like wiping in the dark :)

The bolt is off center in the gasket hole. Bet you pull her up and its pinched there. Forces a shift in the gasket. Seen this last week on a 2014. Removed cam cover cleaned gasket especially where the half moon segments front and back apllied new permates on the segments only put cover on correctly and torque. Mind you it would have been easier if the throttle bodies were off. But hey done it enough that its like wiping in the dark :)
Triumph says im out of warranty (by 3 month) so its on me. Cant believe how fast it deteriorated, from a small seep to the bulging hot mess in the photo in about two weeks.

Wow ram air + roadster = less then a hour and reusing the same gasket is probable. The key is to get all the bolts properly thru the gasket so it doesn't get pinched and squeezed out. Something that could make it easier is taking the tank off and setting aside on the ground where you can't muss it up by accident.

Wow ram air + roadster = less then a hour and reusing the same gasket is probable. The key is to get all the bolts properly thru the gasket so it doesn't get pinched and squeezed out. Something that could make it easier is taking the tank off and setting aside on the ground where you can't muss it up by accident.
Agreed that the previously installed ramair will make this an easier task. Leaving next week on a trip to South Dakota, dont want a leaker! Got a new gasket, but im willing to reuse this one if its not damaged. Btw, my manual shows 12nm torque. Thats like 106 in/lbs. Which seems high to me. Can anyone confirm?

Hang on let get the book

20180711_102719.jpg

20180711_103203.jpg

Not sure if they changed itet me grab a newer manual ok I check and 10 nm is the number. I can not find any sequence othe then the cam ladder. Which myself I would work from the center and throttle body out word and in a cross pattern.

Last edited:
Yes, ten (12) Newton-meters [106.21 inch-pounds]. There is a sequence - inside to outside - and do it in stages.

NOTE: This disagrees with the post by @warp9.9 because as he said, his manual is from '05, and my manual is from '12 - apparently made a change in there.

So depends on the year of your bike (why we ask everyone to add the year to the profile)

Last edited:
Back