John Ward

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2008
Hi

My cam cover gasket has started weeping oil on the back right corner [as yer sat on the bike looking down] .. I'm hoping to get this done under warranty but you never know! Anyway I have looked at the sticky at the top of the forum page and was wondering if you have to remove anything bearclaw side to get to the bolts/screws that hold the cam cover on that side? Doesn't look to be a lot of room to remove them or even see them. Am hoping it can all be done with just a bit of wire moving and disconnection. Oh my bike has the standard airbox fitted.

I am also able to tighten it a bit more if needed and did give the screws a quarter turn in the weeping area, but I didn't want to crush the gasket and the chrome top on the cam cover doesn't look the strongest material to nip up.

How you doing? Replaced mine at 25,000 along with a valve job. Did notice that the valve cover was leaking from several areas, not just what could be seen prior to tackling the job at hand. Mine had the standard air box but after removing all that #hit went back in with Ramair. Some folks on here do the entire job in the matter of hours. Myself I took about two days. Then again at 35,000 no leaks. For what it is worth. Followed the shop manual to the letter. I do not know how you all fair with the local dealerships in UK but here in the states most of them suck. A really good torque wrench is required. Really not that hard to do. pretty basic. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How you doing? Replaced mine at 25,000 along with a valve job. Did notice that the valve cover was leaking from several areas, not just what could be seen prior to tackling the job at hand. Mine had the standard air box but after removing all that #hit went back in with Ramair. Some folks on here do the entire job in the matter of hours. Myself I took about two days. Then again at 35,000 no leaks. For what it is worth. Followed the shop manual to the letter. I do not know how you all fair with the local dealerships in UK but here in the states most of them suck. A really good torque wrench is required. Really not that hard to do. pretty basic. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cheers for the reply, I'm competent on the spanners, and was just enquiring in case I have to do it.. However if the warranty covers it then they can sort it n save me the hassle!

Back