ROBOT_DOLBOEB

Standard Bore
Hi, guys, I'm looking at buying rocket 3 too, but in Moscow there are only 2011 models and earlier. Yesterday I found a pretty good specimen of 2008. The service center inspected the bike, the gearbox is normal, the frame is whole and level, there are a couple of 'scratches' from falls, but non-critical, in general, the bike is in good condition. I did a test drive, and I liked everything, apparently I buy it. And I'm in the process of buying.

And my question is, what musthave parts should I order to prevent rocket's congenital illnesses, if any?

Thank you.

Congratulations on the Rocket!

The most important preventative maintenance item is the ignition bypass for the pre2009 bikes.

Eastern Beaver used to make it, I think it may be canceled though, not sure.

Over time the solder in the ignition switch detaches from heat/movement because the full load is passed through it.

Ordering a Detent spring to store in the garage is always a good idea to avoid the backlog Triumph often has on parts.

The most important preventative maintenance item is the ignition bypass for the pre2009 bikes.
Over time the solder in the ignition switch detaches from heat/movement because the full load is passed through it.
Ordering a Detent spring to store in the garage is always a good idea to avoid the backlog Triumph often has on parts.

Very useful information, I will check that first, and order what need. Thanks

Are there many spare parts still available for sale? I mean this is the 2008 model, more than 11 years have passed. For such a period, the support of old models hardly exists. Or are spare parts essentially uniform? Is it easy to buy them in the European Union or will I have to search a little?;) Maybe I need to buy another one for the role of a donor?

And this forum is so informative. :thumbsup:

Isn't the @DEcosse keyless ingition a good replacement as well and a good upgrade?

Welcome from Maine,

Hoopla

Last edited:
Thank you all!

I quickly serviced the bike, changed the oil and filters. Thanks to this topic: Oil Filter List . Already ordered a windshield and a set of springs. And now I'm not worried about parts and technical issues.
At the weekend I will do a more serious inspection and, perhaps, I'll take a something apart, but it's not rock solid:). In the meantime, I just ride it and just enjoy it. :thumbsup:

That’s the spirit. Congrats and welcome to the forum. Also get a point of view video recorder. The best traffic and driving videos come out of Russia (I’ll politely leave those details for other forum members to discover on YouTube). Ride safe.

Back