Burnt out tail light

Morgo

73 Bonneville
Ride
Rocket111 06 standard
Leaving work this morning i noticed i had no tail light only a brake light.
Took it out once i got home and replaced it with a 2057.
Couldn't find any specs on the bulbs in the manual.
I dont see any harm in using a bulb from Norway instead of the jap bulb that failed.

Leaving work this morning i noticed i had no tail light only a brake light.
Took it out once i got home and replaced it with a 2057.
Couldn't find any specs on the bulbs in the manual.
I dont see any harm in using a bulb from Norway instead of the *** bulb that failed.
are you coming down in penticton area to show us your new tail light free beer if you do and nice riding roads

No harm at all, i used the 2057 on my rocket for ever, in fact i dont remember ever changing it, just keep an extra one in the saddke in case the filaments break, they say it is less resistent than a mc bulb but i never had a probkem with it in about 5 years so far

I like having lamps that can be fixed and replaced from an auto parts store. I replaced my accessory driving lights which came stock with 50 watt M4s instead of the 30 watt ones that came on it. Brighter and I like them.

I like having lamps that can be fixed and replaced from an auto parts store. I replaced my accessory driving lights which came stock with 50 watt M4s instead of the 30 watt ones that came on it. Brighter and I like them.

Hey Norm, This may not apply to yours being a Touring but let me tell you what happened to me. Mine's a 05 Standard so has the (2) 5 3/4 Lamps that I believe come with 60W bulbs from factory. So before I switched them out for the LED'S I bought a couple of 90/110W "Hi Intensity" bulbs :rolleyes: so that the sh!tty OEMs would actually put out some light.......... No difference :(
Anyway, left em in there & after a few weeks, as I was trippin down the slab one day I start smelling that non mistakable smell of electrical burn :confused: :eek: - couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Next morning as it was still dark out I notice one of the lights was out so I disassembled it & the plug end had been melting to the point the wire end plugs were shorting on each other. Checked the other one & it was on its way. So I replaced the H4 plug ends & put the 60W bulbs back in with no problems, ran em until I put in the LED's.
So the Triumph factory H4 connectors are not rated for higher Watt bulbs (On the Standard Rocket anyway) - They do make aftermarket ceramic heat resistant plug ends that you could wire in it's place.
Thought I'd pass that on to you ;)

My understanding is no Canbus is needed if either its just the tail light bulb you are replacing or you already have a load equalizer. Anyone know if thats correct?

Last edited:
Back