Bugger this....

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
After a rough couple of days in Hospital following my 880km trip last weekend, I thought "Bugger this" so i have placed an order for new Wilber rear shocks. It took a severe bashing of my body over very rough Tar sealed roads to make up my mind. I couldn't make up my mind which way to go as the price makes one think, but an old friend of mine said "Ok, imagine all these different shocks are the same price....now decide which ones you would choose"...immediately I said wilbers...so, its done....

s-l1600.jpg

After a rough couple of days in Hospital following my 880km trip last weekend,
Bruised lower back?

I had a similar experience MANY years ago on a harsh little Laverda 500 Montjuic - Blasting hard across rural Somerset&Dorset to avoid a snow storm (in May). Was not 880kms but I was laid up in bed the day after.

My solution was a wee bit more drastic - I bought a Guzzi-Lemans

No..i twisted a fatty thingamybob in my bowel which got inflamed and has caused horrific pains in my lower right side...pain killers and anti inflammatory tablets should make it disappear over a few days....so they say...

very discombobulating.
Yeah...that too!!

I didn't like the price either but kept going back to them...I watched a couple of vids on youtube regarding bike suspension setup for racebikes and decided I wanted to be able to adjust the settings to make my ride sweet...not only for the bumps and things but also for cornering, tyre wear, braking ability, keeping the tyre on the ground whilst covering bumpy sections....a whole lot of stuff which makes owning the bike nicer. I think ive made the right choice in the wilbers....fingers crossed.

Bloody #ell Tal I just checked the price of those things pleased I was sitting down.

As long as they make the road a bit smoother and we sure can do with that in NZ

What $$$ do you put on your health and enjoyment of the rocket. As much as you can.

I got the exact same Wilburs for my 2013 R3R and can't believe the difference. If I had known it would make that much difference in handling I would have bought them the first day, regardless of the price. ( Well, maybe not totally regardless?) But I think they're worth more than list price anyway.
Just for reference I weigh 185lbs.

Back