Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
Well I can say I gave it an honest try, 10k with the roadster windscreen and last week I changed over to my fly screen. Yes there is plenty of wind on the chest but no more buffeting.
I thought that I would just get used to it but in the end I like the feeling of the wind, full face or half helmet, don't matter. I managed to adjust the screen so that the buffeting was minimal but what I didn't realize is that with the lack I wind my full face helmets didn't operate properly with respect to the vents. Long story short, fly screen for me.

I cut a hole in my roadster screen and it stopped the buffeting. There is a thread on it somewhere here.

Well I can say I gave it an honest try, 10k with the roadster windscreen and last week I changed over to my fly screen. Yes there is plenty of wind on the chest but no more buffeting.
I thought that I would just get used to it but in the end I like the feeling of the wind, full face or half helmet, don't matter. I managed to adjust the screen so that the buffeting was minimal but what I didn't realize is that with the lack I wind my full face helmets didn't operate properly with respect to the vents. Long story short, fly screen for me.
I havnt tried anything outside of the fly screen i have and im happy with the reduced wind pressure hitting my chest , and i agree no buffeting and enough wind to remind you your riding on two wheels.

Got one of these. https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/...mral=1&type=(3790,19,0)&form=(373,20,0)&spr=D

Bigger than the triumph fly screen, smaller than the full triumph windscreen. Looks pretty cool too. I'm 6'3" and it keeps the wind off my chest by passing it into or just over the tops of my shoulders. No buffeting for me up to 80mph (haven't tried pushed passed that yet). There's a few pics of other Rockets on the forums if you want to see what they look like mounted.

I love the fly screen in the warmer weather but hated the larger Roadster (Classic Tour screen) that came free on my bike as it was to short but did relieve the pressure and keep the worst of the weather of me have since bought a Clearveiw 25 extra wide with recurve and optional adjustable vent (A Must) then added Lowers as well and while not a big fan of the big screen and lowers look, I am rapt with the comfort of no buffeting on long rides and the vent put enough air in your face so all the helmet vents work perfectly

Back