BST carbon wheel tyre change

hogweed

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2004
Anyone got any knowledge and tips for changing the rear tyre on BST carbon wheel as my tyre fitter mate is a bit cautious about using the bead breaker(car machine) to remove the old tyre,because the tyre is such a low profile he thinks it might damage the rim and i dont know anyone else i can trust in the area.

No probs, Pete.... my suggestion was aimed more at the OP......but not clearly expressed!!!

[Not tryingTE="hogweed, post: 257384, member: 1904"]Anyone got any knowledge and tips for changing the rear tyre on BST carbon wheel as my tyre fitter mate is a bit cautious about using the bead breaker(car machine) to remove the old tyre,because the tyre is such a low profile he thinks it might damage the rim and i dont know anyone else i can trust in the area.[/QUOTE]

Not being a smartarse mate but how did the tyres get on the rims in the first place? I'd be starting there for info.

Hey these 'puter gremlins are smart!! On the top post in this tyre/changing thread, is a Tyrepower ad, and on Post #6 is a Wheel/Tyre Changer ad.....

How DO they do that?????

I bought the wheels new without tyres fitted ,my mate fitted the tyres to the rims taking care without a problem,the potential problem now is breaking the bead of the rear tyre.
If you can afford or warrant paying the money for the carbon wheels it is without doubt the best handling mod and weight saving money can buy.

I understand your concern, I'd go with a small block of wood and a gympie and crack the tyre off manually. Done this many times on my bro's GSXR to remove the slicks (marchesini carbons) with no dramas.

Hey these 'puter gremlins are smart!! On the top post in this tyre/changing thread, is a Tyrepower ad, and on Post #6 is a Wheel/Tyre Changer ad.....

How DO they do that?????

They read everything we post and compare the words against a list of keywords and show ads that match. Then they send everything we post to the NSA... Ok, well, to be fair, the NSA comes and picks it up themselves.

Back