BroughtHer Home Today...

Hank in Albuq

.040 Over
Hi, Guys;
Well, I finally picked up my Rocket today. I got to the store (P.J.'s Triumph in Albuquerque, NM), and found that all was not quite 'right' on the bike-an accessory I had ordered had not been installed. I asked the salesman about it, he talked to the service manager, and they said they'd make it right before I left. So, with a Mt. Dew in hand (courtesy of the dealer) I sat down on the couch in front of the HD Big Screen TV on their sales floor and watched NASCAR races while they worked on the bike. That was at about 10:30 in the morning. They finally got the bike done at about 1:30PM, and the salesman explained to me that the tech installing the bar risers (the new part) had broken one of the heated grips, so they had installed a new set. they had to also do some inventive rerouting of the throttle and clutch cables so they wouldn't bind on me. I asked Carlos (my salesman) just what accessories the bike had on them because I was unfamiliar with it and didn't know what had been added. He wrote down a list of at least a dozen items. I was flabbergasted! This Fat-Bottomed Girl is definitely dressed out! I started her, left the dealer and headed home along main street. She sounded wonderful (I might keep the loud pipes inspite of the fact that I don't normally like them) Yep, I got a lot of looks! She's a Silver-Grey '05 R3 standard with a ton of goodies on her, with about 21,500 miles. I'll probably get to know her on Monday (labor day), and if the weather is good, take her on a rally this Thrusday afternoon that lasts all of next weekend! WHOOOEEE!!! She's a GREAT bike!!

Hank In Albuq
Kick the Tires, Light the Fires, and HANG ON!!!:eek:

Well, it appears to be already broken in, hope you get plenty of miles of smiles. Welcome to the club.

Dennis

95 dtg Dubai
96 dtg Home

RE: Brought Her Home Today

Pics will come as soon as I can figure out how to post them! Right now, I'm busy polishing the acres of chrome on this monster...

Kick the Tires, Light the Fires and HANG ON!!:eek:
Hank In Albuquerque

Back